We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
reviews: 4
New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

It's been a year since we've been to Sacramento. We always stay near Cal Expo, and usually have dinner one night in or near the mall.

We are looking for casual (we miss Peppermill) and know we always have Cheesecake Factory as a fallback option.

Any new places we should check out this year? Or maybe a small place we aren't familiar with?

18 replies to this topic
Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 108
1. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Whew --- Peppermill left a long time ago and it wasn't exactly small.

Are you staying at the Doubletree across from Arden Fair? If you haven't been there for awhile, things have changed there also.

Since you have a car, you know that most of the places in the area are not small. Mimi's Cafe is nearby and Chick-Fil-A is nearby. As you know, the area is not a hot bed of little mom-and-pop restaurants.

We enjoy Mimi's in the area. If you haven't been there, I'd suggest it. Short drive to the East, on Exposition/Alta Arden, before you get to Howe. Fun and comprehensive menu. The theme for Mimi's is New Orleans.

We were there 2 days ago. If you enjoyed the Peppermill, you'd probably like Mimi's Café. It's a chain but a good one. Good service, nice ambience, expansive menu and very near Arden Fair. Immediately to the East.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 5:56 pm, February 25, 2014
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
2. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

I know Peppermill closed some time ago. It was a great casual place in a good location.

We always stay at one of the suite-type places on Tribute Rd. And yes, wea re driving so will have a car. Saturday we are going to the Home & Garden show at Cal Expo, so we just want someplace casual for Friday night.

It doesn't have to be a small Mom & Pop type place, and could even be a chain. But we don't want it to be fancy, we won't be dressed up, and it will be a long day including the drive, in what looks like rain.

We have Mimi's here too, and we're really not fans. But thanks for the suggestion. As I said Cheescake Factory is right there, and we don't eat at them very often, so it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Thanks for the reply.

reviews: 58
3. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

A short drive out Arden to the east to Fulton (a short distance, maybe a mile or so?), and you can choose from:

Marakech (Moroccan) (http://marrakechrestaurant.com/ )

Texas West BBQ (well, its BBQ Texas style), ( http://www.texaswestbbq.com/ ) and

The Kabob House (Greek) (http://www.kabobhousefulton.com/ )

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 345
4. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

Not new, but I like both BJ's and the Elephant Bar better than the Cheesecake Factory.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 34
5. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

BJ's and Elephant Bar are two of our favorite chain places.

There's also an El Torito and an Olive Garden.

There's a Marie Callendar's east on Arden.

Nearby on Howe you'll find a Red Lobster, Outback, Lumberjack, Chili's.

Also on Howe is our favorite hole-in-the-wall Mongolian BBQ called Great Wall. That would be my first choice. Mmmm...now I'm gettin hungry.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
6. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

I think we ate at BJs last year. I'd forgotten about the Elephant Bar, it is one of our favorite chains. And I absolutely LOVE the salad dressing at Olive Garden. I may have dinner there just to bring a few bottles home.

Some very helpful suggestions. Thanks for your help.

sacramento ca
reviews: 1
7. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

seasons 52 recently opened in mall...might be a little more than what you want but I've always had good meal there

reviews: 752
8. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

We had many fun meals at Peppermill! BJ's was really good when we had lunch there last summer. :)

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
9. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

This reminds me why we tried to avoid that place. Not only is the parking horrendous, esp during Christmas, but it's chain central. With so many fine independent restaurants in Sac, why go to all these, mostly blah, restaurants?

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 34
10. Re: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall

TSS, I have to agree.

Just giving the OP what it sounded like they wanted. Personally, other than the aforementioned Mongolian BBQ, there are 75 places downtown that I would go before any of these...although I do get a hankering for the Black and Blue Burger and a Pizzookie at BJ's once in awhile...Darnit, getting hungry again.

Reply to: New Restaurants Near Arden Fair Mall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted