We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Parking near Capitol

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 51
Free Parking near Capitol

Is there free parking within 10 blocks of state capitol?

7 replies to this topic
Dublin, California
reviews: 29
1. Re: Free Parking near Capitol

During day time? weekdays? No. I think there is free street parking on Sundays, and after 6 pm.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 32
2. Re: Free Parking near Capitol

After 6 pm and on Sundays on the north side of Capitol Park. Saturday and Sunday is free on the south side of the park.

Otherwise it's metered, you pay 25¢ per 12 minutes at a kiosk and put a sticker on your window. There are garages in the area for longer term parking.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 32
3. Re: Free Parking near Capitol

After 6 pm and on Sundays on the north side of Capitol Park. Saturday and Sunday is free on the south side of the park.

Otherwise it's metered, you pay 25¢ per 12 minutes at a kiosk and put a sticker on your window. There are garages in the area for longer term parking.

Just reread initial post. Yes, I belive there is free parking within ten blocks south and east of the park.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
4. Re: Free Parking near Capitol

How long do you plan to park? Yes there are free parkings at some spots, but for limited time. Typically for an hour, or 2, except for some permit holders (for local residents). Parking there to take a look at the Capitol Building may be okay. But longer than that may be an issue. (Assuming day time).

e.g. this spot is on Capitol Mall:

http://goo.gl/maps/m5mBV

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 45
5. Re: Free Parking near Capitol

Within ten blocks is a large area, and there certainly is free parking in that confine.

My barber is located near 16th and P Streets, and parking is free in that area, during business hours. (Capitol is at what would be about 12th and M St, if they existed.) I think more of the free parking is located towards the east side of the Capitol, and towrds the south side. This is much more residential. North of the Capitol is the courthouse/law enforcement/county HQ areas, and nothing is free there. West of the Cap is more businesses, and not much free. Check areas of O, P and Q Streets east of 15th.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
6. Re: Free Parking near Capitol

I think you can still park at the downtown mall garage for 3 hrs with validation. We usually get our validation from Macy's, without needing to buy anything.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 248
7. Re: Free Parking near Capitol

great tip about Macys

Reply to: Free Parking near Capitol
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted