We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 53
University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

I'll be taking Mega bus from the University/65th rail station in early December. Is there free parking within 5 blocks or so from the station on Friday or Saturday?

12 replies to this topic
California
reviews: 61
1. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

I was hoping that someone else would respond but since nobody has yet - I drive by this rail station every once in a while. I've noticed parking around there but don't know if it's free or not. Have you checked the light rail website?

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
2. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

There is no light rail parking lot at that location. There may be some street parking but I would not leave my car there over night. I can't remember if there's even a paid lot nearby.

reviews: 58
3. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

I don't think there is any overnight parking in the area. I too would hesitate to leave a car overnight on the street in that area.

If you're just going somewhere for the day, you could park at SacState nearby and take their shuttle to and from the RT station. But they require a daily parking pass so overnight parking is out there, too.

Perhaps not as convenient, but I think it works, is to park at the Sac Amtrak station and then take RT/ight rail to 65th street to pick up the bus. Long term parking is available at the train station.

The same sort of solution may be possible at the other end of the line in Folsom. I think the RT stations along way when they do have parking also only have single day permits.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 34
4. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

You could park at the Watt/Manlove light rail Park n Ride and take light rail to 65th Street it's only a few stops.

Dublin, California
5. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

But can you, or would you, leave your car there overnight? To OP, where is your starting point? Can someone give you a ride to the nearest light rail station and the you can take light rail to the 65th st station?

Petaluma, California
6. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

Any ideas yet where to park.?? I'm I having the same issue. Taking a mega bus this Saturday returning Monday any help would be appreciated...

Dublin, California
7. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

The same question: where is your starting point? Can you get a ride, or a taxi to the nearest light rail station. I can't think of a parking location that's not too expensive and yet safe to leave the car for several days.

Petaluma, California
8. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

I'm coming from sonoma county to catch this bus.

Heading to Reno for the weekend

Can't believe a bus company trying to compete with amtrak would not have a suggestion for parking.

I can't possibly be the only one doing this trip as a overnight

I guess it looks like the money I saved in going on a cheap bus is going to be spent in parking

Ugggghhh!,,

Hong Kong
reviews: 8
9. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

Power Inn Road Light Rail has parking, and is only one station away from 65th Street. Play it safe and get a day pass for $6.00 and consider it cheap parking.

Petaluma, California
10. Re: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking

I ended up just parking at amtrak station.. I checked out the power inn parking and it had big signs saying no 24 hour parking.. So was to worried about leaving my car for three days...

Reply to: University 65th St Light Rail Station parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted