We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sacramento to cameron park ?

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
sacramento to cameron park ?

hi

I'm flying in to Sacramento from Australia on a Saturday around 3.30pm..

Will have two suitcases and cabin bag..

What is my best option to get to coach lane,Cameron Park from the airport..??

I will be on my own...

thanks

tuoser

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 34
1. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

Try this link;

supershuttle.com/Locations/SMFAirportShuttle…

I take it that you don't want to rent a car.

Just curious, why Cameron Park? That's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
2. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

The distance isn't great, http://goo.gl/maps/5Bz7g, and I'd probably drive, but you may not want to drive after flying all night. And if you don't get your bags, take the shuttle to the consolidated rental car facility and head out with your car until 4:30 or later, you could start hitting heavy traffic once you get onto Hwy. 50. You should be able to get a price estimate from the Supershuttle Web site. Note that unless you pay extra for a private van, the van can make several stops to let off other passengers before you get to your destination.

Edited: 4:02 pm, July 23, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

hi

yeah I know but have a two week training course there..!

I saw the supershuttle site, thought there might be a bus or something but I would like whatever is easiest too..

regards

tuoser

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

hi

thanks for the response..

yeah I wasn't keen on hiring a car for a few reasons..

supershuttle sounds like the go..

I had a quick look and I think it was $67 or something like that which I thought sounded crazy dear..

Does that sound right..??

regards

tuoser

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
5. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

Cameron Park is about 45 miles from Sacramento airport. $67 seems about right to me. I often take Supershuttle from my house to SFO, which is about the same distance and it is in the $50-60 range too. Maybe contact the people who are putting on the training course to see what they recommend.

LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
6. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

I would recommend renting a car.

Not much to do in Cameron Park. You'll need a car to get anywhere.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 34
7. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

To do it by public transit with multiple bags would be inadvisable. First you would have to take a Yolobus (42a I think) from the airport into downtown Sac then schlepp your bags a block or two to a pickup point for El Dorado Transit who will drop you off some where in Cameron Park.

I like the suggestion of asking the people who organized the training if they have arrangements in place...and while you're at it, ask them why they are sticking you in the middle of nowhere. ;-) A car would really be an advantage, there is so little to see in that spot and transit options are limited. However, there is so much to see and do around the area if you had your own wheels.

I thought the Supershuttle would be $57. So, $67 is not unrealistic given the distance.

Edited: 9:05 pm, July 23, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

hi

Yeah I know its out there...

I guess i'll only have one weekend to do anything really...

Weeknights after training, probably go to Red Hawk or a local restaurant for dinner...

Was just saying on another thread i'll probably look at a couple of day trips into Sacra on the sat/sun to get out of town for a couple of days..

Thanks for all the replies..

Any other suggestions welcome...

tuoser

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
9. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

Google Maps says public transportation would take 2 1/2 hours and a series of busses, light rail trains. http://goo.gl/maps/Hdf1E. It's shuttle or car for you. You can just book the shuttle when you get to the airport. Supershuttle appers to be $68 including bags. I do agree a car would be best since Cameron Park is close enough to Folsom Lake, Placerville, even Sacramento, that you could go to such places in the evenings. And you will definitely want a car on the free weekend.

Sac airport pretty easy to use, though I assume you'll first go through Immigration and Customs at LAX or SFO and then take a short flight to Sac.

For day trips, much depends on your interests, weather and mode(s) of transportation. You can ask colleagues, hotel, etc. when you arrive. Lots of Gold Rush towns (e.g., Nevada City, Amador City), Lake Tahoe, Reno, even San Francisco. Once you get to the training program you may find formal or informal group trips. If you'll be there in the Fall, lots of nice places to see Fall colors and apple festivals.

Edited: 8:34 am, July 24, 2013
10. Re: sacramento to cameron park ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 26, 2014