We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall hiking near Sacramento - Emigrant Gap Falls help

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sacramento, USA
reviews: 21
Waterfall hiking near Sacramento - Emigrant Gap Falls help

Hello,

We are looking to drive 1-2 hours from Sacramento to hike to a waterfall (preferably one you can swim in too). I found a reference to Emigrant Gap Falls, but I have not found a lot of details as to how to get there, trail and type of swimming. Can anyone help or suggest other places?

Thanks,

Grace

12 replies to this topic
Loomis, California
11. Re: Waterfall hiking near Sacramento - Emigrant Gap Falls help

Just got back from the old swimming hole with the kids and grand kids. Has not changed in the many years I've been going there. My father said he first took me there in1946 though i don't remember as I was only one year old. I am now almost 70 and happy to say that four generations of our family have enjoyed the old swimming hole and falls and will for many years to come. When I was in my childhood we never saw anyone else and kind of considered it our own little hideaway. It is now enjoyed by many And if you get the oppurtunity I strongly suggest you check it out.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 110
12. Re: Waterfall hiking near Sacramento - Emigrant Gap Falls help

Andy --- Welcome to the forum. I see you joined today. This is an old thread but places like that don't change much, so it's still pertinent information.

You might want to get rid of one of your posts, as it is a duplicate.

Brings back some old memories (Girl Scout camp at Emigrant Gap, and I'm almost as old as you are). Thanks for your story of a wonderful outdoor family outing.

Reply to: Waterfall hiking near Sacramento - Emigrant Gap Falls help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted