We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 49 to Yosemite?

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new hampshire
reviews: 37
Route 49 to Yosemite?

We will be leaving on a Sunday morning for Yosemite and then on to Death Valley and Las Vegas. It looks like rte 49 will be more scenic than the other routes so was thinking of going rte 49 to 140. we have reservations in El Portal for the night. I believe I'll have plenty of time to see any sights on this rte, which appear to be gold rush towns?

Thanks

41 replies to this topic
Martinez, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 94
41. Re: Route 49 to Yosemite?

Exactly, copper. Just because we locals in Northern California have taken all the routes (and describe them), a tourist wouldn't have to do that. We can help them find the easiest route.

I think we gave solid "boots on the ground" information throughout this thread, so if anyone is inclined ---- it makes for good reading and education.

Reminded me we hadn't been to Yosemite for awhile, though we used to go every year. Good reminder, since we all know it's one of the great sites/sights in the US, if not the world. Everyone should go once, if they can. Interesting journey to get there (with a launching point in Sacramento, often) but getting there is the reward. ;=))

Edited: 5:15 pm, June 29, 2014
Reply to: Route 49 to Yosemite?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted