We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 132
Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

Nothing is over till it is over but papers such as the Sac Bee and the SF Chronicle have said that since the NBA committee voted to NOT move the team to Seattle, the team will certainly remain in Sacramento. Who will own them ? Not sure

sacbee.com/2013/04/29/5381123/source-nba-com…

I am sure the loyal fans are happy about it.

Well good luck to the Kings and to the new owners.

But remember it "ain't" over till the deal is done.

Sorry to the one detractor who was chastising people and saying this was a done deal.

Edited: 8:09 pm, April 29, 2013
Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 112
1. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

Thanks for posting this, belo. I'm not much of a basketball fan (baseball being my favorite sports diversion) but even my 92-year old mom (4th gen Sacto native) has been very disturbed at the prospect of the Kings leaving so whatever Kevin Johnson did to *hopefully* keep the Kings in town will be a boon to the River City, for sure. Good reminder on not jumping to conclusions. Thanks for keeping us on our toes!

Dublin, California
reviews: 31
2. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

When they started the Maloofs were well loved in Sac. In the end they were the most hated people in Sac. How did that happen?

Concord, California
Destination Expert
3. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

Having worked in Corporate America for 30 year, one can only imagine. ;=))

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
4. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

Pro basketball, like other pro sports, is a business, and business do move locations. Good thing for Sacramento, otherwise they never would have gotten the Kings from Kansas City. I doubt the continued presence of a mediocre basketball team in Sacramento will have much of an effect on most people's decision of whether or not to visit Sacramento, but the city will spend a lot of money to keep the team (for how many years?). If the team stays and is self-sufficient, without public subisidies, good on them. I'd rather see the River Cats when I visit (and could more likely afford to see them than the Kings).

Concord, California
Destination Expert
5. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

Right. Very right, re the business.

I'm going to the River Cats game on Sunday (against Las Vegas) so I couldn't agree more. My "weak spot" that gets me every time is supporting my younger brother in Little League back in the 50's when girls couldn't play sports. Turned me into a die-hard baseball fan. Going to see the Giants in their first season in San Francisco in 1958. I love the Giants but will literally go anywhere to see a good baseball game (we've seen minor league in Colorado Springs and Fresno and Memphis and Raley Field in the past).

For the basketball fans among us, the Kings are a draw to Sacramento so I hope it works. Wasn't there a new arena in the works? Sorry to be stupid on this but, as I said, I don't follow basketball --- except as draw to Sacramento (especially since this is a travel forum).

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 132
6. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

I had two goals -- One was to get the word out that it was a 99.99% done deal at least for this year (who knows what happens next year) and also to inform the person who may have purchased his Seattle Kings tickets that he had to edit his sports article and remove this line (and it was removed on April 30th in the article on sports in the CA forum)

--Begin Quote --

There is a strong possibility of the team being relocated to Seattle after the 2012-2013 season.

End Quote --

the news of their death was greatly exaggerated.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
7. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

As Mark Twain also said about himself. :=))

Thanks belo.

8. Re: Sacramento Kings Basketball not leaving Sacramento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 05, 2014