We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eureks to San Diego in August

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bagshot, United...
2 posts
Eureks to San Diego in August

A couple in our early 50s. We are hoping to spend 21 days touring the west coast starting at Eureka. Spending the first couple of days in the tree houses there then journeying down to San Diego taking in as much of the scenery as possible. Tips, routes, points of interest, food etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Bagshot, United...
2 posts
1. Re: Eureks to San Diego in August

Sorry that should read EUREKA :-)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
5,776 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Eureks to San Diego in August

If you are driving down the coast from Eureka, you probably don't need to go to Sacramento. I would repost in the California forum. And give us more details of what your interests are, budget, and what cities you want to visit.

And, what tree houses are you referring to? There are some in Eureka Springs, Arkansas but that's a long way from the California coast.

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
11,160 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: Eureks to San Diego in August

This sounds like a fabulous trip. With 21 days, I would break the trip roughly into 3rds - a week in northern CA, a week in central CA, and a week in southern CA - adjust slightly to add more time to one or the other based on your interests, but that is roughly how I would divide the trip. If you want to do a purely coastal trip, that would be wonderful - see the entire CA coast - and you have time to really do that well. Or you could break things up a bit and head inland to see Yosemite as well and/or the wine country north of SF. There are other wine regions on or near the coastal route too. The possibilities are almost endless :)

I agree about reposting in the California forum though rather than Sacramento - you will get more input that way. Also, give us a little more info about your interests so people can give you better advice - no use rattling on about wineries if you don't care for wine, for instance :) Also your travel style - budget, luxury, etc. and how active and on-the-go you like to be.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Eureks to San Diego in August

I would also post this in the 'Road Trips' Forum.

21 days sounds like a long time but that is a long drive with a very wide variety of things to see. Tell us your interests ie. Big City Sights...I could spend 21 days in San Francisco... Outdoor activities, National Parks, Gold Rush Towns, Lake Tahoe, Theme Parks, Hollywood, Beaches, Skiing...What is it that you want to see? You won't be able to see it all in 21 days. heck, I've been here over 21 years and I'm still trying to check things off my 'must see' list. (problem is..my list keeps getting longer)

Heree's a link to the road trips forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Edited: 1:40 pm, January 31, 2013
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
40,859 posts
928 reviews
5. Re: Eureks to San Diego in August

Hi martin b and welcome to TripAdvisor. How are you getting to Eureka?

You state:

>>Spending the first couple of days in the tree houses there<<

I too am curious about this? There are tree houses near Cave Junction Oregon but I don't know of any in or near Eureka.

6. Re: Eureks to San Diego in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 10, 2014