We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transportation during the weekend

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 5
Public Transportation during the weekend

Hi-

I am traveling in with some friends for CIM this weekend, and staying at Hawthorn Suites, on Bercut. The Finish area is near the capitol area, which looks to be about a 2 mile walk. It looks like there is a bus that runs (#15) on Sunday - is this reliable, and how is the area?

Any tips?

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 44
1. Re: Public Transportation during the weekend

Please check with Hawthorn Suites to confirm, but the newest Metro Light Rail should be running as well. Called either the DNA (Downtown,Natomas,Airport) or the Green Line, it runs from Richards Blvd. to the downtown area. See aerial view attached.

http://www.sacrt.com/dna/pdfs/MOS1Map.pdf

The website says this began taking fares in June 2012. This will run you right to the Capitol Mall area.

Florida
2. Re: Public Transportation during the weekend

Hi there-

I did look at the light rail previously, but it doesn't run on weekends - Monday-Friday service only.

Edited: 2:01 pm, November 30, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 32
3. Re: Public Transportation during the weekend

I'm not a fan of that area. About a quarter mile south, on Bannon street, is the Gospel Mission which attracts alot of homeless.

There is the American River Trail, a paved jogging/biking trail, not far from the hotel which will take you into Old Sac. If you are going to walk direct to the Capitol I would avoid Bannon street.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 32
4. Re: Public Transportation during the weekend

You would probably need to contact RT directly concerning bus routes on that day since many roads will be closed because of the event. I'm sure bus routes will be altered too.

Florida
5. Re: Public Transportation during the weekend

We ended up utilizing the hotel shuttle - stayed at Hawthorn Suites - to get to/from the airport, and to/from downtown. I'm not sure if they normally transport to the downtown area, or if it was for CIM weekend only, but it was free, and super easy.

Thanks for the advice!

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
reviews: 44
6. Re: Public Transportation during the weekend

thanks for the follow up gucci- thats nice to hear about Hawthorn

7. Re: Public Transportation during the weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 22, 2013