We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

Which Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nazareth...
reviews: 19
Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

I'm an HHonors member, so I know what I get with Embassy Suites. The Sheraton Grand is closer to the Convention Center where I'll be spending some time, so I am considering that as a plus.

I like to walk around and see the sites a little bit. Is either location better suited? Better restaurants nearby?

I guess what I'm trying to find out is the Sheraton Grand worth passing up the Hilton Points I'd get at Embassy Suites-Riverfront

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
11. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

Highway 99 slower than I-5, but has some "attractions" sacbee.com/2012/04/08/4394588/take-highway-9…

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
reviews: 3
12. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

>> I'll have a rental car and a 1.5M walk won't kill me if push comes to shove. <<

You don't necessarily need to walk either. If you stay at Embassy Suits, walk over to J Street and 3rd (via K-Street pedestrian tunnel), there are several RT bus routes starting there. They all go down J-Street (towards the Convention Center) and all stop next to the Convention Center. About J Street and 14th Street, 10 blocks away. Coming back towards Old Town, the buses go on L Street (one way).

>> I'll be driving all day from Sacramento to San Diego. Anything worthwhile to check out on the ride down I-5? <<

Well there is 2 "small" areas called "Los Angeles" and "Orange County" on the way down. ;)

Edited: 9:29 pm, September 22, 2012
Nazareth...
13. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

LOL - thanks again everyone! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the time heading down and note those alternate directions in case I'm hitting LA at rush hour...

Nazareth...
14. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

So according to Google, I should be reaching LA in 6 hours from SAC. If I roll out at 8AM, that should put me in LA around 2 or so... I'llbe saying a prayer that my rental car has satelite radio...

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
15. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

Our recent experiences have been that satellite radio is included only in Premium class and above, and even then not always, but you can ask when you rent, and it might be available as an added-cost option. I can rememer when it was a common amenity, then we started getting cars with satellite radio but a message, on the screen, that the subscription had ended. Remember Google Maps estimates don't include stops or slowdowns for traffic or construction, but they also don't assume driivng over the posted speed limit (which I'm sure you won't do).

Nazareth...
16. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

Of course not, that would be against the law. ; - p

I've rented from National and you can pick and choose your car with them, hopefully find one still working.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 41
17. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

I just stayed at Embassy suits Sacramento with my family on 6 July 2013. There was free breakfast and free drinks and snacks in the evening until 7.30pm. The hotel was heaving with large groups of families with multiple generations. Fine - just busy. The suit was ok and being a family of 4 we appreciated the extra room. Ask for a river view when you book.

We've also just driven LA - San Diego -LA on the I-5 and LA to Sacramento on the I-5. Avoid going past LA anywhere near rush hour. In fact be careful of the I-5 going in to San Diego between 4-7pm too. The traffic slows to a crawl and increased our traveling time by an hour or more.

Harris Ranch for a stop 3 hours south of Sacramento was a welcome Oasis on the long drive of nothingness. Be careful to have your windows closed on the approach due to the overwhelming stench from the penned cows north of Harris Ranch.

18. Re: Embassy Suites or Sheraton Grand in Sacramento?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 12, 2014