We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

Which Roseville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redding, Ca
Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

We need to find a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

Every hotel we seem to stay at has rooms booked to youth groups. These children and teenagers always run wild on the premises yelling, running, controlling the pool, partying, crowding the restaurants, etc. The parents not only allow, but support this destructive behavior from their children.

We just want to enjoy our stay and not be terrorized by these un-supervised youth.

Redding, Ca
11. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

We have finally resorted to being firm with the front desk when it gets out of control & have not only created a more pleasant environment for all, but gotten our rooms for free.

Have had to call the local police & they did their job.

All guests are entiled to an enjoyable, pleasant stay & should not be intimidated by irresponsible parents & their spoiled unruly children.

Found out that rooms must have guests at least 18, if not 21, years of age staying in them.

Portland, Oregon
12. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

We too have had bad experiences due to the adults allowing the children under their charge to run crazy around hotels more than once. The situation is that the hotels make money, fill rooms, & don't care about the comfort of the regular guests.

If anyone finds a source for locating "kid free" accomodations please post this information for all to use.

San Francisco,CA
reviews: 1
13. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

All of these comments are very interesting. I work as a Hotel Night Auditor. Let me tell you that these groups annoy us too. I highly doubt that you will find any hotel that turns guests away. It's all about dollars and cents today. I will say this.. you uptight arrogant people need to come down to planet earth. No HOTEL or INN or MOTEL is going to send paying customers away. Why dont you take two dollars and go buy some freaking ear plugs! Or ask the GSR for a room away from the noise. You people sound so stuff shirt its unreal. RELAX PEOPLE!!!!

reviews: 745
14. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

A lot of sports groups come to this area to compete in tournaments, we were at the Larkspur Landing for a night in 2005 when our daughter's water polo team was competing there in a 2 day tournament, her team was staying at the Embassey Suites, there was another women's water polo team at the Larkspur, so they do allow youth groups and sports teams at this property.

We were not bothered at all by the group, Roseville is what it is, a stop-over town, it is not a major tourist destination. :)

California
reviews: 9
15. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

First - HELLO syrahgirl! I'm an ex OHS H2O mom!

Second - I've traveled with youth groups, and let me tell you, they are not all the same. HELLO - wait for it - I traveled with *gasp!* CHEERLEADERS. And I worked the 2-7am Hallway Patrol duty on most trips. Kids are kids, and the groups I supervised were the GOOD kids. But they are still KIDS. And I was responsible, so I didn't care if they didn't like me because I stopped them from being rowdy, loud, violating curfew (bed checks), sneaking out, sneaking in, ordering alcohol from room service, whatever. BUT, I had full authority from the coach. You mess with me, you're OUT and your parents come get you right now. Period. It is up to the Coach to lay down the rules and be willing to stick to the consequences.

I have obviously encountered your problem with less responsible adult supervisors. So my suggestion - way too late for this poster but may be helpful for others - call the Front Desk and demand that the COACH on site be called to supervise. The hotel can keep the money if they kick the whole team out for unruly conduct.

As for shooting rabbits and cats - trust me, the Roseville Police Department would have had ZERO tolerance for that!!!

16. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Roseville