We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

Which Roseville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redding, Ca
5 posts
Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

We need to find a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

Every hotel we seem to stay at has rooms booked to youth groups. These children and teenagers always run wild on the premises yelling, running, controlling the pool, partying, crowding the restaurants, etc. The parents not only allow, but support this destructive behavior from their children.

We just want to enjoy our stay and not be terrorized by these un-supervised youth.

Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

Roseville has a bunch of new hotels! Many of them are clustered on Roseville Parkway and Taylor Road. This is just across the street from the water park called Sunsplash. There are some restaurants right there like Tahoe Joes and Islands so I'd think this would be a kids paradise. Maybe try the ultra brand new Marriott Courtyard which is tucked away between the freeway and the many shops at the shopping centers. Within easy walking distance of Nordstrom Rack and REI, Best Buy, etc. It's also on Taylor road but it appeals to the business traveler types.

Many restaurants are in the adjacent shopping centers and close by for easy drive. PF Changs, BJ Brewery, Mimi's Cafe. At the Mall whichj is quitte close you'll also find Il Fornaio and Ruth Chris.

I'm not sure what would draw a load of kids to Roseville but you never know do you?

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
2. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

It would be nice to find a hotel that only allowed adults as guests. This would make for a more relaxing stay. A lot of parents expect everyone else to "babysit" their children for them.

We will watch your post.

San Diego, Ca
2 posts
3. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

While staying at the Oxford/Orchid Suites in Roseville, Ca we encountered a group from Pleasent Hill, Ca. The youth baseball team was the called the Hawks.

Both the kids & parents terrorized everyone at the hotel including the hotel staff. The parents threatened the manager when she tried to restore law & order. The parents gave the kids guns to shot the rabbits & cats that inhabited the neighboring vacnt lot. It was pure H*ll!

Level Contributor
675 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

I have, in the past, requested our room to be as far away from any guests with children. If I really didn't want to be around kids period, I'd search for a bed and breakfast place. But I agree with you that there should be hotels for adults only. Over the years we've "lucked out" with quiet rooms away from children but only to find them taking over the pool or breakfast area.

Good luck in your search, let us know where you stayed.

2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

We also would like to avoid the youth groups, & the parents that don't supervise them.

We have thought about starting a blog providing lists of hotels that cater to youth groups & kids in general. Even a single family can ruin the stay for everyone else. So many parents have the belief that everyone should babysit their kids for them, while they party.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
665 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

Gosh, I'm from Pleasant Hill and on behalf of the law-abiding citizens of our city I apologize for the rude behavior of that team and the adults who should have been supervising (sorry this post comes a year later). On that note, my 13-year old son and I are planning an overnight stay in Roseville next month and the both of us hate noisy, out of control groups. Having an adult only hotel would prevent him from a quiet environment and relegate him to staying in places with noisy kids. Not fair to him, do ya think? So I would say that boisterous groups can be any age group and should not be tolerated if they can't stay under control.

Granite Bay
1 post
7. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

I live in Roseville, and have never stayed at the hotels. However, you might want to try the Extended Stay America, because it's the nicest hotel that isn't near the other ones that get busier. It is in a lower neighborhood, but still near freeway and is next door to Claim Jumper. There are the other hotels on Harding that probably don't cater to youth groups because they are pretty run-down, but this would be the nicest and away from the more run-down ones. There is a Sonic and a Fry's Electronics across the freeway, so it's still near shopping and is only about 5 minutes from the mall and the shopping there too. I guess go either with this or the Larkspur Landing or Homewood Suites, as those are the higher-end ones that most youth groups probably can't afford and are mostly/all suites. Hope this helps!

Aspen, Colorado
2 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

This post is primarily in response to the post of "ericm2031":

You recomend that people room in "run-down" motels located in "lower neighborhoods" to avoid the wild heathens that over run hotels. Wouldn't it be more appropiate for these youth groups & their irresponsible parents to room at these dumps? YES, it would be! If they stayed in these places maybe people would have to be real parents & control their kids to protect them from the bad surroundings.

When in Roseville I have stayed at some of these "higher-end ones" as you call them & experienced the same un-supervised wild youth groups. (see my reviews) Most recently at the Residence Inn in October where we had to contend with girls soccer teams from Santa Rosa.

The hotels don't care & charge these groups less than regular guests. These "higher-end" hotels cram 6 or more underage kids in a room designed for 2 people without adult supervision. This is against the law & creates more opportunity for wild behavior from these kids. The higher rate charged regular guests subsidizes & supports the youth groups.

Give me the name of a quality hotel in Roseville that doesn't allow youth groups & you have my support.

San Francisco...
2 posts
9. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

It is bad when even the higher priced accomodations allow even promote this deplorable behavior from the parents & kids.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Need a hotel(s) that Does Not book youth groups.

As a former kid myself, I am sad to see such requests exist. Is it really that bad in the hotels that grown ups seek advise on how to retake control of the pool?

Either way, kid/youth groups always have to book far in advance, so if you can wait with your booking, just do it late, and ask the staff directly.

Get answers to your questions about Roseville