We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rohnert Park or Santa Rosa?

Which Rohnert Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sedona, Arizona
Rohnert Park or Santa Rosa?

We will be in the area in August, and probably doing some wine tours. We have never been to either area, so my question is: better to stay in Santa Rosa or Rohnert Park?

14 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,763
11. Re: Rohnert Park or Santa Rosa?

You are talking about at most a 20 minute drive difference between Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park.

If you are going mid week (not weekends)Healdsburg Best Western is perfect - the rates and rooms (new side Tuscan rooms) are a good deal - it has an included breakfast, fireplace in room, jacuzzi tub, outside steam shower, fireplace, sauna, swimming pools and so forth; they include some wine passes as well.

If you are coming on the weekends in high season Best Western Rohnert Park I(easy drive to Santa Rosa) has good rates and fine rooms. It is close to restaurants. NO, it is not in wine country. It does not have anything more than a comfortable bed, couch in room, swimming pool, breakfast in morning, free parking, and easy access to the freeways. You are to a winery in 10 minutes.

Santa Rosa Old Town Area would give you the best feel of the 2 and I would check to see if Hotel La Rose is within your price range. There are some (and not so good) areas of Santa Rosa. Lots of good eats - 5 minutes to first winery...

http://railroadsquare.net/

http://hotellarose.com/

This is the area to go if want some charm to it between Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park.

There are of course stellar places to stay in wine country - we have family and we basically just sleep over some nights (and do not stay in our room.....so we have stayed in really nice places when we are just relaxing or good places with low rates when we are just sleeping.

If you are going mid week though Best Western Dry Creek Inn in Healdsburg is fantastic.

Edited: 10:24 pm, March 27, 2013
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,763
12. Re: Rohnert Park or Santa Rosa?

By the way skip Fairfield unless you love love love freeway noise

We ended up there last year for a night....and although they want to claim they're just a hop skip and jump away, its not. Don't even consider Fairfield.

We have stayed just south of Napa Valley at the Best Western there and it is just 20 minute drive to Napa Valley and usually good rates. Rooms are nice; breakfast in morning. Its a lot closer than Fairfield - but take Fairfield off your list.

Its better to stay in Napa Valley. If coming mid week check out some of the inns in Calistoga such as Europa Spa and Inn

http://www.eurospa.com/

Sedona, Arizona
reviews: 128
13. Re: Rohnert Park or Santa Rosa?

We are not just driving to Sedona, we live there. We have done the Tahoe drive and vowed never to do that again. So going to Bakersfield is our preference. We might go to Laughlin for a few days, but we have not decided that yet. We looked at Petaluma, but decided it was a little farther south that we wanted to be. I am sticking with the Santa Rosa BW Wine Country unless I can find something under $200/ nt that we would stay in elsewhere. The couple of places I checked in Windsor and Healdsburg were either sold out or quite a bit more expensive. We decided not to do Fairfield thanks to all of you who mentioned the construction. I also found another couple of places in Santa Rosa that we might check out. We looked at the Sandman Inn, and the Flamingo as well as the BW Garden Inn. If anyone has anything to say about any of those, I would appreciate the info. Thanks to everyone who is trying to help us out here. As you can see, Northern California is not our "specialty" lol

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
14. Re: Rohnert Park or Santa Rosa?

Look at the Holiday Inn Express in Windsor, between Santa Rosa and Healdsburg. Attractive, reasonable rates, walking distance to the reconstructed "Old Town", which is charming.

Reply to: Rohnert Park or Santa Rosa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rohnert Park