We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocklin Questions??????

Which Rocklin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 723
Rocklin Questions??????

Going to Rocklin for a couple of days this month for a Varsity Girl's Water Polo Tournamnet. I was considering the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Roseville for an overnight stay. Any opinions?

Also, any great places to eat here? Would love any info about the town,also. We won't have time to go to Lake Tahoe,tho it is very tempting. Cascades in Roseville good to eat? Ruth Chris? TIA :)

Placerville, CA
reviews: 6
1. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Aahhh...I love Astoria! Been many years since I've been there, I must go back!!

The Larkspur Landing looks newer and very nice. I believe that it is the one across the street from "Sunsplash", my daughter's favorite waterpark. You might see if they are still open in September. There's also a mini golf course and arcade there.

Food...depends on what you like! And how much you want to spend! I love "Carvers" down the road from there, it is a steakhouse, wonderful ambiance, EXCELLENT service, but you get what you pay for, it is very pricey. The Galleria is around the corner from your hotel, and there's the usual chains...Red Robin, Buco di Beppos, an Asian place, etc.

Hopefully a true local will have some better info for you!

2. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Thsnks! What is the Galleria? A shopping plaza? That would be very convenient. I need to accesorize an outfit for my son's wedding next month.

We really won't have much time away from the games, they go until early evening and begin at 7:00 am. Pretty intense. I'm looking forward to going back to hotel and relaxing. We have stayed at a Larkspur property in Portland, Or which we really enjoy. Hopefully they will be of the same quality.

Still would love some opinions on Cascade. Carver's sounds nice and I think there is some Japanese restaurant there that is supposed to be good. Anyone been there? :)

Placerville, CA
reviews: 6
3. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Yep, the "Galleria at the Rose" is a big, newer shopping mall. And across the street are lots more chain stores!

4. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Have you been to or heard anything about the Horseshoe Bar & Grill in Loomis? Website looks good and it is Wine Spectator recognized. :)

California
reviews: 12
5. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Horseshoe Bar Grill is really good. Easy to find going east from Larkspur Landing exit 80 at Horshoe Bar road go back over the freeeway and stay on the road until you have to choose right or left. It will be on the corner to your left. Have had such yummy dinners there. Great service too. Ruth Chris just opened like last week or so. Right near Larkspur is Tahoe Joes. Cascade is very close as well. Pretty inside. Over near Ruth Chris, which is at the mall is Il Fornaio, which is good. On the way you will pass BJ Brewery (or something like that), Mimi's Cafe, Olive Garden, TGI Fridays and in the parking lot of the shopping center next door is PF Chang, Bucca de Beppo and on the border which I think is yulky.

Larkspur is really quite new but is really close to the freeway.

6. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Yes, I requested a room away from the freeway, so we'll see. Do you prefer Horseshoe over Cascades for the food? Cascades would be closer, but I don't mind a short drive if Horseshoe has better food. Also want a romantic ambiance. :)

California
7. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Horseshoe Bar has better food than Cascades. Cascades is newer and decor is nice but I'd choose Horshoe Bar Grill

California
8. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

BTW it's Horseshoe Bar Grill because it's on Horseshoe Bar Road. It's not a Bar and Grill.

9. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

Thanks for the tips! I'll let you know how it goes when we return from our trip. :)

Amsterdam, The...
10. Re: Rocklin Questions??????

I would highly recommend Horse Bar Grill over Cascades. The food is amazing, but a little pricy ($50+ per person). Be sure to get the table side Ceasar salad. I would also check out Fat's Asian Bistro in Roseville on Eureka. If you like sushi, Mikinui's is a MUST!! Have fun. :)

Get answers to your questions about Rocklin
Recent Conversations