We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking my son on a small vacation, not sure which beach tho

Which Redondo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Junction City...
1 post
Taking my son on a small vacation, not sure which beach tho

I have heard wonderful things about Santa Monica, Hunnington beach and Redondo Beach but I need to know which will be the best to take my 3 year old to. We are flying into LA and I have been to Santa Monica and know he would love the pier and ferris wheel they have, but I have not been to any other beaches. Do the others have more things for him to do or is Santa Monica a good choice? I wont be renting a car so shot Cab rides or within walking distance of the beach is preferred!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,164 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Taking my son on a small vacation, not sure which beach tho

If you don't want to do Santa Monica again I'd look to Manhattan or Hermosa Beaches. Lots of shops and restaurants near both but not really as much kid-oriented stuff - hard to beat the amusement park on the pier in SM for that.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
16,491 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Taking my son on a small vacation, not sure which beach tho

Manhattan Beach is a great family beach with lots of kid oriented stuff. it's a 3 mile cab ride from LAX. The clean white sand beach is the same along Manhattan, Hermosa and Redondo.

At the end of the beautiful MB Pier is a hands on Marine Lab Roundhouse, where young kids can touch seahorses, starfishes, etc. Lots of sea life in the aquariumns.

Kids love Adventureplex Play Structure, in MB, lots of climbing, tunnels and slides. Snack bar on property.

Polliwog Park on MB Blvd. is fun with a lake to feed the ducks, play equipment, and lots of paths to run around on.

Under the Sea, is an Indoor play area:

MB Botanical Garden, wander the paths featuring native CA plants.

Seaside Lagoon

Manhattan Beach, video of activities, outdoor cafes, farmer's market:

Sea View Inn kitchens, just up from the beach:

3. Re: Taking my son on a small vacation, not sure which beach tho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, March 15, 2014