We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise ship pier

Which Redondo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
windsor,ont.
reviews: 9
cruise ship pier

Thinking about staying at the best western plus sunrise hotel at rodondo beach.Proximity to Lax and cruise ship pier please

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
1. Re: cruise ship pier

OK, the airport, LAX is close, but the two Cruise Ship Ports, Long Beach and San Pedro (Southern Los Angeles County) are a bit of a drive, and if your focus is staying near the port, I would look at a Hotel near the cruise ship port.

Hotel Maya is very close to the Long Beach Pier (Carnival Splendor and Inspiration Ships), or San Pedro (the other ships). The Hotel Maya has a great deal if you are travelling on the two Carnival ships, check out Cruise Critic (a sister TA company) for the discount code.

windsor,ont.
reviews: 9
2. Re: cruise ship pier

Thank you We are actually on Princess from San Pedro. I will look into the Hotel Maya

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: cruise ship pier

"We are actually on Princess from San Pedro. "

The official name from where Princess sails, is The Port of Los Angeles, located in the San Pedro Bay. You must be going to Hawaii or Mexico.

http://www.portoflosangeles.org/idx_about.asp

The two hotels that people stay at are The Crown Plaza LA Harbor Hotel, which is just across from the harbor where your ship sails. They offer transportation to your ship in the morning so you won't be rushed.

crowneplaza.com/hotels/…hoteldetail

The Doubletree by Hilton

http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/LGBSPDT-DoubleTree-by-Hilton-Hotel-San-Pedro-Port-of-Los-Angeles-California/index.do;jsessionid=B28905A658C5717BAA98B719BDDE86AE.etc61?012=doubletreesanpedro&011=QueryString&009=e&008=&007=Search&006=7624018334&002=0022137956021640472&WT.srch=1&pSearch=true

Antwerp, Belgium
reviews: 22
4. Re: cruise ship pier

I know there is a reasonable pick up shuttle bus service from airport to the cruise ship pier, but I am not boarding from the airport. Is anyone know if there is other pickup shuttle bus service from Redondo beach to the San Pedro port too?

Thank you for all the help

Fatty

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
5. Re: cruise ship pier

There are vans and taxis that go to the Port, I would contact your Hotel and see what they recommend to get to your Crusie Ship.

Southern California
reviews: 7
6. Re: cruise ship pier

If you want to stay in Redondo, I would definitely choose Portofino or Crowne Plaza over the Best Western. I have stayed in all 3 and while the other 2 are comparable, the Best Western is a notch below. Location of all 3 is great and a perfect middle spot from LAX to San Pedro.

Have fun!

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 50
7. Re: cruise ship pier

Prime Time Shuttle (redvans.com) -- one of the 'resident' van companies at LAX offers transfer service to the port. Go to their site and click on 'to the airport -- one way', then click on the "select your airport" drop-down menu and select "L.A. Cruise Ship Terminal".

The fare is $26 for the first passenger in your group and $10 for each additional passenger. As of this moment, the 'city drop-down menu' only goes up to the letter "H". As such, the above quotes are for the "El Nido-North Redondo Beach". Your hotel might not be in this particular neighborhood in Redondo Beach, and, therefore, the fare might be higher.

Southern California
reviews: 1
8. Re: cruise ship pier

North Redondo is nowhere near the King Harbor Marina area where their stay will be, it even has a different zip code :) Not that nice an area to stay either.

I'd also go with the Portofino or Crowne Plaza, in fact my late husband and I used to live in the apartments next to Portofino Hotel until the original owner sold the hotel and the new owner wanted to turn the apartments into suites for executives for long term stay. Very nice and peaceful, good restaurant. If you get a chance, walk over to Bluewater Grill for lunch or dinner, good seafood.

9. Re: cruise ship pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, April 10, 2014