We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting - what can I do in the area?

Which Redlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milford, Connecticut
Visiting - what can I do in the area?

I will be staying in Redlands for two weeks in July - what is there to do in the general area? I will likely have access to a car, but I definitely won't be driving to LA because of the distance(and traffic!). I'm twenty two, female and will have some alone time so where can I go that is relatively close and safe?

I would like to do some outdoorsy stuff. Any suggestions as to activities, events, shopping, or restaurants are very much appreciated!

5 replies to this topic
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 7
1. Re: Visiting - what can I do in the area?

Check out the Hangar 24 Brewery,for tastings or a tour.

http://hangar24brewery.com/

Not too far away is the Palm Springs tram,and the Desert Hills outlet stores are on the way.

www.pstramway.com

Redlands, California
reviews: 25
2. Re: Visiting - what can I do in the area?

Well, you haven't picked the best time of year as it will be hot, hot, hot. The tramway is an excellent idea, though and the mountains (Big Bear, Idyllwild, etc.) will be cooler. For shopping, the Desert Hills Outlets are worth a visit--yes, it will be very hot, but its a dry heat. (And yes, that matters.) Locally there are some nice independent shops on State Street and scattered around town.

Tuesdays and Fridays there are free concerts at the Redlands Bowl--come early and sit on the grass. They're often tilted towards the blue-haired crowd :-) but its still pleasant.

We do have a decent selection of good restaurants in various price ranges--Caprice and the Farm are upscale on State Street, Eureka Burgers offer high-end burgers and the Gourmet Pizza Shoppe has imaginative pizzas. The Eating Room is "the" place for locals for casual breakfast and lunch--the adjacent bakery always has good stuff.

I'm thrilled to be able to offer advice--just wish it wasn't for July!

Jolie618
3. Re: Visiting - what can I do in the area?

Because of the heat, I would suggest day trips to the cooler, surrounding areas (I.e. Big Bear or the beach - Laguna is my favorite or Newport/Huntington seems to be popular). For "outdoorsy" activities, there are some small hiking trails in the area and in the mountains. Forest Falls is only about 30 minutes from Redlands and has a short, easy trail with a nice waterfall.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 66
4. Re: Visiting - what can I do in the area?

Big Bear is a great idea and it is an easy drive from Redlands:

http://www.bigbear.com/

Here are directions from Redlands:

bigbear.com/travel-tools/…

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
5. Re: Visiting - what can I do in the area?

This thread is over a year old. I'm sure the OP has already been and gone.

Reply to: Visiting - what can I do in the area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Redlands