We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

Which Poway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego CA
BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

I rented an RV from Norms RV. On return they pointed out a scratch (small cosmetic anyway) that I think was already there and said I had to pay for it. They then had THEIR body shop provide a ridiculously high estimate $326 and kept it out of my $500 deposit. Repeated promises for the "supervisor" or owner to contact me were never fufilled.... My advise it to stay far away from Norms RV in Poway California unless you want to get ripped off. I consder them a Very dishonest business.

If you rent from them you better take some serious time documenting every litte detail and photgraph it or you'll pay for them to repair things you may not have caused...and a lot more than is warranted if your do cause any damage.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

I hear your pain.

But I am wondering why you chose this forum to post the complaint, since you obviously registered her to do just that, since it is your first post here.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 776
2. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

Agree Puter. RVrenter, if you had such a problem, please pursue it through the appropriate insurance and/or legal channels.

Topanga, California
reviews: 27
3. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

How is it that posters with thousands of posts can read my mind about posters with a single post?

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
4. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

Smart minds travel along the same thread? Chuck...

San Diego CA
5. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

Thought I would let as many people as I could know about a dishonest business....if you don't want the advise don't take it...thanks for the advise and I am persuing through legal chanels...and if you deal with Norms so will you.

San Diego CA
6. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

oh, and I forgot to congratulate you all on your thousands of posts...you must be very proud.

San Diego...
7. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

i would venture to say that all the naysayers who have slammed you have no idea where poway is.

you may or may not have a valid complaint, but in my "dropping in" to the different forums of trip advisor, this complaint is a common one on many.

you probably should file a small claims action, notify the san diego BBB, and contact the poway city atty, if licensed by the city, or the district atty. if they are in the county.

San Diego CA
8. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

Pointloman, thanks. That makes me feel a bit more welcome...hard to see how people wouldn't want to be warned...I am pursuing those routes so will hopefully not be totally out...

And for the naysayers, yes I did post here the first time with a complaint against a business. Wonder if the replys would be the same if I had a glowing review that might or might not be true or are all first posts held in such suspicion? Well, this is now my BIG number 4! So I guess I'm one of the boys now with much more credibility.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 776
9. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

1) RVrenter, yes, a lot of folks are "one-offs", either with a terrible story to tell or a fantastic wonderful hotel (or whatever) that absolutely can't be missed. And that's all they ever do. The suspicion arises when the very *first* post is this way, and with BEWARE in all caps. Had you had even a couple of dozen, I think you would have had a better initial reception. Without the caps.

2) I am glad that you are following both my and Pointloman's advise of pursuing this problem through the appropriate channels, such as small claims, etc.

3) This forum has nothing to do with racking up lots of posts, IMO. It has everything to do with helping fellow travelers get the most out of their holidays. As such, your warning is valid. Many visitors to CA and San Diego are interested in renting RV's. It would be great if you keep reading and participating, and when someone is thinking of renting an RV, let them know the problems you had with this company.

4) I do very much indeed know exactly where Poway is, thank you Pointloman. I also know where Point Loma is, if that's relevant, lol!

San Diego CA
10. Re: BEWARE of Norms RV in Poway California

half-brit, thanks....I'll be here ready to lend any advise anyone would like to hear about...I must admit, this is the first time I have used this type online forum...but I did log on to quite a few like this, for the first time, so I could spread my thoughts about Norms, we were on vacation so don't want anyone else to have a bad ending to thiers.

Get answers to your questions about Poway