We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with full hot breakfast...

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mercedes Sur...
reviews: 21
Hotel with full hot breakfast...

Hi,

We're thinking to pass a night on beginning of January at Pismo Beach and we're looking for a hotel that includes full hot breakfast... any idea?

reviews: 740
1. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

The Cliffs in Shell Beach has Marisol, they have a great buffet there. Check out their Bed & Breakfast package. :)

Mercedes Sur...
reviews: 21
2. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

I'll check it... thanks...

I checked all hotels with "complementary breakfast" but they see as basic breakfast, just wafles and fruit... I prefer to pay a little more and have more choices...

thanks again

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
3. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

It's not oceanfront but the Oxford Suites has a full, hot buffet:

http://www.oxfordsuitespismobeach.com/

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
4. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

It's not overly common for motels in the US to include breakfast at all. When they do it is, as you found, a "continental breakfast" which is usually bad coffee and inedible muffins. However, there are usually many options for breakfast -- like Denny's or similar nearby. I wouldn't make the hot breakfast a deal breaker if you find a place you like.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
5. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

In our experience, most of the mid range US chain motels include breakfast. Places such as Best Westerns, Comfort/Quality Inns, Super 8, Shiloh Inns and so on.

It varies a lot, though -- we've had everything from prepackaged stale 'pastries' to full, hot buffet breakfasts with enough food to last you until dinner time!

Pismo Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach
reviews: 88
6. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

In this small area, I'd stay at the hotel of your choice, then go to Seaside Cafe and Bakery for breakfast. It's very tiny, and mostly outdoor dining, but the breakfasts are truly outstanding. If you like pancakes I cannot recommend enough the Pineapple Upside Down pancakes. But they have Eggs Benedict, and lots of eggs and meat dishes too. My favorite breakfast place here.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
7. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

Denise ... thanks for the recommendation!! I've stopped overnight in Pismo before between SF and SD. I'm adding Seaside Café to my "go to" stops. Great info.

Edited: 8:17 pm, July 13, 2013
8. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

Another option would be a Bed & Breakfast. We spent 4 weeks at The Deer Creek Inn in Nevada City and the 3 course breakfasts there each morning were amazing. :)

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 77
9. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

Syrahgirl - Sort of off topic, but I am glad to hear that the Deer Creek Inn is still around. I love that place, but its fate was uncertain for awhile.

10. Re: Hotel with full hot breakfast...

Better than ever! I will be doing a full review soon. We stayed in all of the rooms except one. :)

Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach