We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender Farm Tour

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
Lavender Farm Tour

Hi Experts and Regulars,

Hubby, 17-year-old son, and I will be visiting the Central Coast (one of our favorite spots) during late March, staying in San Simeon and Pismo Beach.

Per suggestions here on the Forum to tour a lavender farm, I have been scouring posts, but can’t seem to find specifics.

Will you please recommend a lavender farm tour in fairly close proximity to San Simeon, Pismo, or SLO (within a 45 minute drive), or along the route from Ventura to San Simeon?

I am hoping that tours will be given in March…

Thank you!

San Diego...
reviews: 29
1. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

I think most of the lavender farms are in the Ojai Valley, which is an inland area. You might try posting this on the Ojai forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g32817-i1176-Ojai_… There is a Lavender festival in Ojai on June 29th. http://www.ojaivalleylavenderfestival.org

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
2. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

The lavender won't be in bloom in March, so the farms won't be open at the time of your visit.

Los Angeles...
3. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

Thank you bw and Kibblesmom for your quick replies!

I was concerned that lavender farms wouldn't be open in March. Ojai, however, is fairly close to home, so will look into the June festival. Thanks for the tips.

Pismo Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach
reviews: 85
4. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

There are two lavender farms listed in Paso Robles - however I think one may be a new name for the first. Central Coast Lavender Farm or Green Acres Lavender Farm. As you have been told when the plants are not in bloom not much to see, except purchase their products. But you can search for them in Google to read.

May I also suggest a little known place also in wine country - Templeton, CA - Happy Acres Goat Farm. You have to have reservations ahead of time, but you get a tour and learn to make your own cheese. I have heard it's really a great tour and I enjoy their products for sale too.

http://happyacresfamilyfarm.net

Los Angeles...
5. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

Hi Denise T,

Thank you for your input. This trip we will forgo the lavender farm being that the plants will not be blooming.

LOVE your suggestion for the Happy Acres Goat Farm. This is definitely on our list (as is Ostrich Land near Solvang).

We’re looking forward to our return visit to the beautiful Central Coast!

San Jose, California
reviews: 28
6. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

This goat farm is no longer in existence. We drove to the place today and it had been out of business for at least the last couple of years. Kids and were very disappointed!

Edited: 10:23 pm, February 10, 2013
Los Angeles...
7. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

Hi audeli,

Thanks for the heads-up.

What a shame. Like you and your family, we were looking forward to visiting Happy Acres.

I appreciate that you took the time to post.

8. Re: Lavender Farm Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 15, 2014