We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel at Pismo Beach

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Kansas
reviews: 21
Hotel at Pismo Beach

We have stayed at the same hotel twice and I can't think of its name. I can remember a front foor with a tall ceiling. A restaurant next door, perhaps on premises. Lovely bed ocean view/sliding doors. Excellent breakfast views. Can someone help with a name?

So.Cal
reviews: 9
1. Re: Hotel at Pismo Beach

It might have been the Best Western Shore Cliffs - it does have ocean views and there is a restaurant just across the parking lot. Take at look at their website and see if that looks like the right one. Best Western Shelter Cove also has ocean views, but I don't think it has a restaurant next door.

Columbus, Kansas
reviews: 21
2. Re: Hotel at Pismo Beach

Thanks! I thought it was "on the strip". A lot of construction at the time. We stayed "accidentally" in 1993 and then when we were bringing our newborn home from San Jose in 2001. I remember the breakfast was buffet and the coffee was fantastic and the resturant looked totally different from night time dinner to day time meals. The hotel lobby was just normal and bright and the check-in woman who knew how my son had been named Qwilleran after the "cat who" books was friendly after the fact.

Pismo Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach
reviews: 85
3. Re: Hotel at Pismo Beach

Was it Kon Tiki??

reviews: 708
4. Re: Hotel at Pismo Beach

The Sandcastle Inn? It is located right by the pier and has an outdoor hot tub. www.centralcoast.com is a nice website if you want to browse through there. Good luck! :)

Pismo Beach...
5. Re: Hotel at Pismo Beach

Or it could have been the SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel, likely then called the SeaCrest Resort, they were under construction around then and they have a Marie Callender's on site.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
6. Re: Hotel at Pismo Beach

Pismo hotels with restaurant on site or next door:

Kon Tiki Inn/Steamers of Pismo (Used to be Trader Vic's)

Seacrest/Marie Callendars

Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge/Ventana Grill (Used to be Pelican Point)

Spyglass Inn/Restaurant

Cliffs Resort/Marisol at the Cliffs

7. Re: Hotel at Pismo Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 13, 2013