We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching at Pismo Beach

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunn Center, North...
Whale Watching at Pismo Beach

My family and I were considering making the trip down to Pismo Beach this weekend (September 2 - 3, 2012) to see if we could do some whale watching. Have any whales been sighted recently? Are they going to be around in the next few upcoming days?

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 7
1. Re: Whale Watching at Pismo Beach

You just missed out on last week's Humpback whale fest in Avila Beach just north of Pismo Beach. They have since moved on. I haven't heard of any sightings since last Saturday, but you never know.

Here's the story:

sanluisobispo.com/2012/…misearch

Avila Beach...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Whale Watching at Pismo Beach

I've also heard that the whales have left - my last sighting was last Saturday as well.

Dunn Center, North...
3. Re: Whale Watching at Pismo Beach

Thanks for the updates. I will keep checking to see where they are next sighted so that we can try to catch a view of them. I appreciate the replies.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 7
4. Re: Whale Watching at Pismo Beach

I imagine that, by now, they are somewhere along the Big Sur coast.

5. Re: Whale Watching at Pismo Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pismo Beach