We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Laval
reviews: 89
A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Just returned from a 10 days in Pismo and 10 days in Santa Barbara. All of you who are sharing informations and taking the time to answer questions on the forum are so precious. Tried to find you Kibblesmom in Grover, looking for your beautiful cat, AH AH!!! You are lucky to live in Grover.

Third time in California and I still in love with this beautiful place. People are so friendly, only good service from everybody in hotels, restaurants and attractions (except TY Warner Sea Center admission Spanish lady in S. Barbara).

We took Amtrak from LA Union to Grover, I paid for the business class, doesn't worth the extra charge, one service employee slept half of the time. With business class, you're supposed to get a reserved seat. We had problem to find a seat, we had to ask and wait, wait. Finally, we got a place but the lady sitting there before us was sick, but nothing else was available (it is a 5 hour trip), she was vomiting in the toilet so I didn't know if she had gastro and didn't want to be sick during my vacation. We had no other choice to take these places. Return Grover to S. Barbara with regular service, cold temperature, nothing special to add. TIP: If you live in Canada and your departure is from a station without service (Grover), Amtrak will send your ticket by mail only a few days before, as we were already in CA, I had to call them and they sent me the scan code to print my tickets in LA.

We had a rental car from Enterprise, good service, would recommend them if you need a car.

We visited wineries (SLO, Edna and Paso Robles) that I choose according to the suggestions on the forum. My favorite was Wolff Vineyards, the best wines to our taste, and I will always remember the chance I had to meet and make a visit with the owner, he's a wonderful person and so generous, involved in many projects to protect the environment, not only thinking business and money, not many persons like him.

We visited many places around (Avila, SLO very nice town, coastal villages, Moonstone area nice sidewalk, many parks, Morro Bay, Cambria, Hearst Castle highly recommend, Paso Robles nothing to do in the village, and a lot of shopping with my daughter).

In Pismo, we stayed at Kon Tiki Inn, will write a review, this is a WONDERFUL place, with WONDERFUL staff and service, this is the place you don't have to ask for something they will offer it before, very quiet (you don't hear your neighbor). Location: you have to be there to see no word can describe. TIP: if you want sunshine while sitting on your balcony, choose room between 1 and 15 (last digits). There is 2 washers-dryers. Now, all rooms are equipped with a microwave, very useful to heat leftover or take-out at Giusseppe. Good breakfast included.

We eat at many restaurants, I wrote all my reviews, they are pending, will be post in a few days. Less expensive in Pismo than S. Barbara. TIP: Good take-out for a picnic or to eat in your room at Giusseppe Take-Out. For a good italian diner, Rosa is a very good value, less expensive than Giusseppe.

For S. Barbara, I will write my reviews (forum, hotel, restaurants, attractions) in S.Barbara.

We just want to go back and visit the Northern Part of CA (SF, Napa, Yosemite and surroundings).

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
1. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Hi LyseLaval

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Pismo Beach and surrounds. Sounds like you made the most of what the area has to offer. Who knows... maybe we bumped into each other and didn't know it . If you got anywhere near the Vons on Grand Ave., you were close :-)))

Laval
2. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Maybe, I visited the Vons on Grand Avenue for grocery three times during my stay. Enterprise where we rented the car was also on Grand Ave.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
3. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Yep.... I live VERY close to Vons :-)

reviews: 708
4. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for the report back. :)

Laval
5. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Thank you Syrahgirl for your help on TA, all your comments were very interesting and useful. Your suggestion for the chocolate fondue at Ventana was a very good one. Can't wait to go back in CA.

reviews: 708
6. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

That chocolate fondue is great there! The warm churros they served with it are delicious. Come back soon! :)

Pismo Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach
reviews: 85
7. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Thank you for your great report. Loved reading it!

Fairfield...
reviews: 2
8. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

When you go to Napa, go to STERLING winery, they have the Tram that goes up in their tasting room, you'll see a whole picture of the beautiful Napa, and pick the VIP - cause you'll be able to taste their best Wines... And you can also check out the Castello di Amorosa - beautiful castle in Napa. Some of the best place to eat: Mustard, Culinary Inst., Brix - Enjoy!

Laval
9. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will keep the information for my next trip in the Northern California.

10. Re: A BIG thank you to all of you!!! My trip report.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 22, 2013