We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 108
Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

We decided we would like to be right on the beach. I know it will be cold in November, but still, it will be nice to hear the ocean. Any ideas about either of these hotels?

Seattle, Washington
1. Re: Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

I haven't stayed at either, but I've walked by both dozens of times. :-) They are pretty much right next to each other on the beach. Seems to me the SeaVenture somewhat caters to "couples" should that influence your decision.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
2. Re: Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

Both are fine. Sea Venture has rooms with jacuzzi tubs on their decks, if that appeals to you. They also bring you breakfast in the morning in a basket. Probably continental style, but still a nice gesture.

If you truly want to be "right on the beach", then be sure to book an ocean front room no matter which hotel you choose.

reviews: 708
3. Re: Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

We have stayed at the Sea Venture and enjoyed our stay there. They have nice amenities there such as complimentary beach chairs, breakfast delivered to your room in the am in a picnic basket, surrey bikes, restaurant on-site and a small outdoor pool. Enjoy your time in Pismo! :)

los angeles
4. Re: Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

thanks for all the input!

los angeles
5. Re: Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

The view suite at Sandcastle is more than twice the size of the suite at SeaVenture! 900 vs 400 sq. ft. But, the SeaVenture has a jacuzzi on the balcony, although in November it will probably be too cold! Tough call.

6. Re: Sandcastle or SeaVenture?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 07, 2013