We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skydiving in Pismo

Which Pismo Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
Skydiving in Pismo

Hi,

I read somewhere it is possible to do a skydive in Pismo Beach, i found the following company:

http://www.skydivepismobeach.com/

Were coming from UK (on Honeymoon) and were in Pismo for 3 nights so we could go all out and do a jump.

Has anyone heard of this company before and if you have done it with them did you have to book in advance?

I have done a skydive already so it was more for my future wife :) shes always wanted to do one but i would rather call them up on the day and do it otherwise she will not do it if its booked as she will think about it all the time :)

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

Oh.. also shes always wanted to go on a hot air baloon, is this possible to do here?

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

This is a new start up company here on the coast, so I don't know much about them. I've seen the skydivers floating down to earth, though.

You might want to use the contact link in their website and ask about booking on the fly. Being so new, I don't think a lot of people are aware about this recreational option, although there was a blurb on the local news a few weeks ago when a guy proposed to his girlfriend after they did a jump. The news crews were on hand to record the event.

As for hot air ballooning, I believe there is a company that offers that further up in Paso Robles. Try Googling it.

Edited: 9:20 am, August 23, 2011
Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

Thanks Kibbles, will give them a shout :)

If i do end up doing it, ill give them a review

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
4. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

Hi Jinxy! Your old pal, dekage, here. Really hope you do get a chance to go skydiving. I did it here in SoCal and swear it was the the most fun EVER! That first step was a doozy...lol.

I did the AFF(accelerated free fall) which takes the whole day in classes but most folks do Tandem, which only takes a few hours. It is a total rush!

(ps....saw you got the Giants tickets, good on you!)

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

Hi mate,

I did a skydive here in England 2 weeks ago, was fantastic, was for my stag do (you guys call them bachelor party) me and 8 mates did a tandem.

My to be wife has always wanted to do one so this was more of an idea for her :)

If she does want to do it thought im game :)

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
6. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

Well, I think I may burst your bubble here, Jinxy...but tell the wife to be, from one female to another, that I had a total blast skydiving. Much better than a hot air balloon.

Yep,sorry, I'm female. Good news is I probably can answer her shopping questions too...one of my other favorite "sports"!

(so what's the female equivelant of "mate"?).

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

Hey,

Thats the second time I have a assumed a forum member was a male lol.

Females can still be "mates" :)

I won't ask you about shopping as I'm not keen on that "sport" its never been one of my favourites, I seem to tire out after the first 10 minutes ;)

Yeh I wasnt keen on a hot air balloon, I would rather be falling then slowly rising :) plus skydiving is cheaper! It's a no brainer

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
8. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

Sorry about that Mate...not the first time my love of sports has confused someone. Just grew up in a family of sports nuts, including Mom (Mum to you).

No, I didn't figure you would be into my "other" sport of shopping but thought your almost Mrs. might. Noticed alot of Aussies shop till they drop here in CA, thought UK might do the same. If the Mrs. is interested, there are lots of threads here on TA about shopping for cheap...never pay retail!

Gravesend, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

I'll mention it to her, after all, its her honeymoon as well as mine :) i will see if she wants to go on a spree. I'll have a search for cheap shopping, if you could post up any info that might be useful though i would be grateful.

Hopefully theres a bar nearby, i can sit in a watch her from a distance hehe..

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
10. Re: Skydiving in Pismo

You are going to be a FABULOUS husband! Since you are traveling the State, use the search box for "Outlet Shopping" as they are all over. One really, really good one is just North of LA, in Camarillo. As for a nearby pub, well, hard to imagine a mall without one...for all the blokes like you :)