We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

Which Petaluma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

Planning on visiting the Calistoga winery for my birthday, but want to go to Johnny garlic's for dinner, any ideas on how long the drive will be?

6 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

Going north on Hwy 101 and then taking Mark West Springs Road it is 37 miles, but Mark West Springs road goes over the "hills" and is fairly winding. The other route would be to go through the Carneros region to Napa and then north on Hwy 29. This adds 15 miles and some time, but it is straightforward driving...no hills.

OH...are you going from Calistoga to Petaluma? Then reverse the above...it wasn't clear to me. Mapquest can give the whole routes to you.

Edited: 1:16 am, February 05, 2011
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 738
2. Re: How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

Welcome to TripAdvisor. This website will help you with your planning:

http://classic.mapquest.com/

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
3. Re: How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

Yes, with mapquest you can compare routes by putting in intermediate locations. For example, if you want to avoid going over the mountain after your wine tasting, ask mapquest to take you from Calistoga to Napa to Petaluma.

Otherwise I believe it will take you on Mark West Springs Road. You can see from the map on the program how winding that road is.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
4. Re: How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

I may be wrong, but I don't think that the classic mapquest that half-Brit listed allows you to add intermediate stops. At least I couldn't make it work.

If you cannot, then use this link and after you click "get directions" you will be able to add destinations so that you can control the route you will be taking.

http://www.mapquest.com/

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 73
5. Re: How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

Google Maps lets you move the routing, and also set up intermediate destinations. I'd allow about an hour for this drive.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
6. Re: How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?

Johnny Garlic's in Petaluma has closed--but don't despair if you have your heart set on eating at one of Guy Fieri's places. There are 2 other Johnny Garlic's in Sonoma County: Windsor and Santa Rosa, and those are MUCH closer if you're coming from Calistoga than if you had to drive all the way to Petaluma. See www.johnnygarlics.com. If you're not used to driving winding mountain roads at night, you might want to consider having lunch at Johnny Garlic's instead of dinner and that would save you from driving back to Calistoga in the dark--IF you're actually staying overnight there.

Edited: 12:53 pm, February 05, 2011
Reply to: How far is Petaluma from Calistoga?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted