We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

Which Pebble Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, MO
reviews: 29
Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

We'll be in the area March 17-21 and would like to hear the bagpiper at Spanish Bay. Are there things I should know before I try to go? Do I need reservations? What is the name of the lounge/bar/restaurant where you can see and hear the bagpiper? Does this happen 7 days a week? What time should we plan on getting to the lounge in late March?

7 replies to this topic
1. Re: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

To the best of my knowledge, it happens only on certain days. There is a restaurant at the hotel called the Inn. You can call them and check the days.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
2. Re: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

Google is your friend.

From the Spanish Bay website:

For a truly memorable experience, visit our outdoor terrace. Relax by our warm fire pits with some hors d’oeuvres and cocktails, and enjoy the signature sounds of our famous bagpiper every evening as he puts the golf course to sleep in Scottish tradition.

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
3. Re: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

It's a sunset thing. Be there at least half an hour before sunset and you'll be fine. I would also check into whether there is a dress code.

springfield, mo
reviews: 55
4. Re: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

I may be asking a dumb question but there are a few bars at this hotel, which bar does the bagpipes?

Monterey Peninsula...
5. Re: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

The bagpiper is not in a bar. He is outside the back door, facing the sunset. You don't want to hear bagpipes indoors, ever. Not if you want to leave the room with your hearing intact. Those things have one volume setting: LOUD!

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

springfield, mo
reviews: 55
6. Re: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

You are very right! I just didn't know if there was a specific bar they played outside of!

reviews: 708
7. Re: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay

You want to go to Roy's @ Inn @ Spanish Bay. They have several outdoor firepits there with food and beverage service. We were there several weeks ago hanging out by the indoor fireplace with appetizers and drinks. So nice.. Enjoy!

They have very hood Sushi and BBQ ribs at Roy's and delicious desserts. :).

Edited: 6:58 pm, March 04, 2013
Reply to: Bagpiper at Spanish Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted