We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

Which Paso Robles hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Oaks, CA
reviews: 11
One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

Can anyone give advice on a great B&B in Paso Robles that might offer pick up for wine tour/dinner? I want to take my mom to Paso Robles for her 7oth birthday in October and I would like to relax while we taste wine, and get taken somewhere for dinner then back to the b&b or hotel. Any advice?

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
1. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

I don't know of any B&B's that offer wine tours for their guests. However, there are services that will pick you up at your hotel (or B&B) and take you out into to vineyards and tasting rooms and back to your hotel.

Look into the Wine Trolley or Wine Wrangler tours. I know Costco did have a Wine Wrangler package at the San Luis Obispo location, but not sure they still offer it. I'll check tomorrow for you and let you know if they still do and what it entails. You could also rent a limo for your wine tour. A recent poster here on TA recommended Lush Limousine Services. (805) 226-5558 or www.lushlimo.com

Some very nice B&B's to consider for your visit:

Villa Toscana (805) 238-5600 or www.myvillatoscana.com

Villa De Buena Vista (805) 296-2580 or www.villabuenavista.com

High Ridge Manor (805) 226-2002 or www. highridgemanor.net

Orchard Hill Farm (805) 239-9604

Summerwood Winery & Inn (805) 227-1111

Thousand Oaks, CA
reviews: 11
2. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

Thanks so much for all the great info and phone numbers. I did see the wine wrangler package at Costco, but truthfully I don't think we would be able to wine taste all day then go out at night! Sometimes I think I am older than my 70 year old mother! So I was just trying to find a wine shuttle later in the day. I think I found one, it is called wine and dine. But I'm not clear on how you chose where you will have dinner. Anyhow, many thanks to you for all the fine info, I am going to check out the hotels right now.

reviews: 740
3. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

What a nice gesture! The Summerwood Inn looked very nice when we were there wine tasting. They have some excellent Merlot here. Villa Tuscana is a very nice, high end property. You will be close to Martin & Weyrich where I would suggest wine tasting, they do some really nice Nebbiolo there. Buona Tavola would be a nice place for dinner if you like Italian food. I have also heard wonderful things about Artisan in Paso.

Enjoy your time in the wine country with your mom! :)

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 3
4. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

The Wine Wrangler package has been deleted at Costco in SLO, but it sounds like you found an option that will work for you.

There are a few wine regions for you to choose from: The Far Out wineries west of Paso Robles and the wineries located off Highway 46 East toward Fresno/Bakersfield.

The east side wineries are closer to town than the west side, so that area might work best for you. Be sure to ask the tour company what wineries they suggest for your tasting choices. I'll bet they have some great suggestions for you.

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 7
5. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

I just returned from a 2 night stay at Le Domaine at Moss Vineyard B&B. The hosts are wonderful and cook an outstanding breakfast. It is located a few miles west of Paso Robles (along Highway 46), so you would need a car for wine tasting and dinner. Another option is Hotel Cheval, a boutique hotel located right in downtown Paso Robles and walking distance to many great restaurants (Buena Tavola, Artisan, etc) and tasting rooms. Enjoy your trip! Paso is so beautiful and I can't wait to go back!

reviews: 740
6. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

We dined at Artisan this past Sat. night, I highly recommend a meal here, it is definitely our favorite place we have tried in the Paso area. :)

Huntington Beach, CA
reviews: 6
7. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

I have been researching the same basic idea, and I've been hearing that Deborah's Room at Justin is the cat's meow. Anyone with more info?

8. Re: One night and wine tour in Paso Robles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 pm, October 09, 2009