We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Bowl Parade 2015

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flemington, New...
reviews: 3
Rose Bowl Parade 2015

Hi all. I know I am early, but am planning my sister's bucket list 50th birthday visit to Pasadena for the Parade. She wants to stay at the Langdon, and have grandstand seats near the beginning of the route. When do tickets go on sale? and also, how far in advance can hotel reservations be made? Is it easy to get from the hotel to the parade route, or should I purchase parking with the seats? And any suggestions for New Year's Eve activities? Thank you for any advice, it has been very helpful reading past experiences.

83 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

Wow, you do pan ahead, yes? I hope someone from the south can help you this far in advance.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
2. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

I think you can wait till the 2014 Rose Parade is over before you start to plan for the 2015 Parade.

Flemington, New...
3. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

thought it was early, but since this is her big 50th and she is a bit of a fussy thing, i don't want to miss being able to book things. thank you.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
4. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

Weird but as I read your post the local news had a story about the 2014 floats going through their safety checks today.

Although not yet completely finished, the floats drive for a mile down public roads (the ones they showed were in Irwindale).

Anyways, try getting your hotel reservations after the 2014 event.

I know the feeling of a milestone birthday...... I have one this year too.

Dr. Z

Flemington, New...
5. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

thank you, will wait until after the parade. hope you enjoyed your milestone!

Crossville...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

Best tour to book for Rose Bowl events beginning to end? Our 50th anniversary at end of 2014. Want to celebrate with family and "do it up right". Welcome all advice, info, etc.

Sewell, New Jersey
7. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

I'll be watching this post as well. Lots of package companies out there but who is the best and most reliable. That is what I'm hoping to find out. No company is going to put a bad testimonial on their own website. Trip Adviser is the only trusting opinion.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 342
8. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

The "best" tours are the official ones from the Tournament of Roses.

tournamentofroses.com/RoseParade/TicketsEven…

The time to book 2015 will be soon after the 2014 parade.

For the OP who plans so far ahead, I would just get a cab from the hotel to near the grandstands.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 176
9. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

About the most I'd do at this early a date would be to look for hotel deals! All else will be fine. You really don't need to worry about things selling out until the two football teams have been decided, and that won't be until they are well into the 2015 football season. Once the teams have been announced, the state and cities from which they will come start to snap up rooms and stadium seating at the parade and football game.

It's quite possible to stay anywhere in Southern California and enjoy the parade. If you want stadium seating, it is worthwhile and requires a bit of planning in advance. The link provided by scottca is a great place to start.

My first visit to the parade was with my former in-laws from San Juan Capistrano. A native Southern Californian, my brother in law was amazing - we left Orange County around 8:00 am, he got us to the parade (end of the route) where he easily found street parking and we walked right up to see the parade (the smell was the most amazing), missing only the beginning procession.

Another thing you should plan to do is to view the floats up close after the parade. It is very crowded, but well worth the effort to see the float details.

One of my favorite sounds is listening to the various marching bands practice for the parade. Santa Monica High School is one place some marching bands practice and the sound drifts to my home, really festive and fun!

Cottage Grove...
10. Re: Rose Bowl Parade 2015

My sister and I are taking my Mom to the 2015 Tournament of Roses parade to celebrate her retirement. I look forward to any information posted here! Thank you!

Reply to: Rose Bowl Parade 2015
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted