We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from PasadenA

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quispamsis, Canada
Travel from PasadenA

I'm considering switching from a Burbank hotel to a Pasadena one. We are going to Universal Studios one day for 9:00am, Culver City one day for 10:30am and Burbank one day (WB studio tour) for 8:30am. Would we have problems with traffic if we made this switch?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 352
1. Re: Travel from PasadenA

I assume you have a car?

Which hotel are you in in Burbank, which hotel are you switching to in Pasadena and why?? (partly out of curiosity and partly because it might or might not be a good move)

Going to WB at 8:30AM puts you in middle of rush hour on the freeway, ditto for Universal at 9AM.

In Burbank you'd be on surface streets and less susceptible to commuter traffic other than on Pass Ave going to USH.

Quispamsis, Canada
2. Re: Travel from PasadenA

Yes, we have a car.

In Burbank, we're booked at Burbank Inn and Suites. Was thinking about a suite at Residence Inn Arcadia. It just looks so spacious and has breakfast, light dinner and grocery service. But I think the distance probably is a problem. I just wanted confirmation I guess.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
3. Re: Travel from PasadenA

Arcadia is not Pasadena. It's a whole different city and is east of Pasadena, which puts you even further away from Burbank. The so called "grocery shopping service" they offer is marked "available", which in my book means they'll do it for you for a fee. I see an evening reception but I don't think it serves as "light dinner". The free cocktail is intriguing though.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
4. Re: Travel from PasadenA

If Residence Inn's appeal to you, note that there is one in Burbank.

I would not stay in Arcadia - that puts you far to the east of everything you want to see, and yes, it will give you traffic issues. Burbank, Universal City, Studio City or Hollywood would make more sense for your itinerary if you'll have a car.

Quispamsis, Canada
5. Re: Travel from PasadenA

Thanks for the input. I really knew that was the case, just needed to hear it I guess. I had read a great review of it. I'll look into the one in Burbank.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
6. Re: Travel from PasadenA

Burbank Inn and Suites would not be a top pick for me in Burbank. Besides the Residence Inn I'd look at the Coast Anabelle Hotel, Best Western and Safari Inn over it based on location.

Quispamsis, Canada
7. Re: Travel from PasadenA

Would location be your only reason for looking at a different one? I was considering rating on Tripadvisor plus price. I'm not concerned about being able to walk anywhere - we won't be there much other than to sleep.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
8. Re: Travel from PasadenA

Location in that it is right off the 5 freeway at both the off and on ramps.

http://goo.gl/maps/eLqHc

Quispamsis, Canada
9. Re: Travel from PasadenA

Reviews mostly say noise isn't a problem in the rooms. I was looking at it more as a plus- can get on the highway quickly when we need to.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
10. Re: Travel from PasadenA

It is noise and congestion. It is a pretty busy off ramp.