We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rose bowl game 2014

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
goldcoast
reviews: 4
rose bowl game 2014

I would like to purchase tickets for the game

Is it to late to get tickets?

Where can i purchase the tickets?

Thanks any help would be great.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
1. Re: rose bowl game 2014

I'm guessing they won't go on sale until late November.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
2. Re: rose bowl game 2014

Note, this year, the Rose Bowl (Stadium) will host two major Collegiate games, the traditional Rose Bowl game on January 1st, plus the Championship game on January 6th.

Tickets are not on sale yet, here is a link to the official site.

tournamentofroses.com/TheRoseBowlGame/Ticket…

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
3. Re: rose bowl game 2014

Expect tickets to either game to be expensive. You may do better with a 3rd party ticket broker, especially if there's no ticket availability from the official sources - try www.stubhub.com, www.barrystickets.com, www.viptickets.com, and even www.ebay.com once tickets go on sale from the official sites. If by chance any of the local teams make it to either game, tickets for that game would be very, very popular.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 345
4. Re: rose bowl game 2014

You have plenty of time to get tickets since it won't be determined who is in the game until early December and then your best source probably will be StubHub.com. Where you planning on seeing the parade as well? If not you should and there may be packages that you want to look into.

Where will you staying at that time?

goldcoast
5. Re: rose bowl game 2014

Thank you everyone for your information.

We are staying at the Best western Hollywood inn.

We are planning to see parade and game on Jan 1st

This will be our last couple of days in and around California before heading back to Australia after 5 weeks of travel.

so we thought this would be a great way to end our trip.

Cant wait to explore some of your country have been planning trip for long time.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to give some great information.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
6. Re: rose bowl game 2014

I would get Grandstand tickets for the parade and the closer you can be to the intersection of Orange Grove & Colorado Blvd, the better off I think you are.

tournamentofroses.com/PasadenaTournamentofRo…

Sharp Seating is the official ticket broker for the Tournament of Roses.

http://www.sharpseating.com/

If you can not buy Grandstand Seats now, get on their email list.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
7. Re: rose bowl game 2014

Sign up to join the University of Oregon Booster Club and buy season tickets. Ducks will be in one of those games and you'll have priority for tickets.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
8. Re: rose bowl game 2014

^^^^^

Haha.. Don't do that.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
9. Re: rose bowl game 2014

>>>Sign up to join the University of Oregon Booster Club and buy season tickets. Ducks will be in one of those games and you'll have priority for tickets.<<<

Oh John... we love that sense of humor.... I think the Duck's goose is cooked :)

Pasadena, California
reviews: 22
10. Re: rose bowl game 2014

I don't know how to get tickets to the game. The most recent time my husband and sons went (a Ducks game a couple of years ago), there were people selling them along the route to the Rose Bowl (along Rosemont). It may depend on the year, and how many team fans want the tickets, as to whether that would work out. I wouldn't count on it.

But regarding the Rose Parade-- you can buy expensive grandstand tickets from Sharp Seating, OR you can watch from the sidewalk for free, like the thousands of locals (including me), who do that regularly. I would only recommend buying seats if you can obtain tickets in the most desirable area, right near the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado, at the beginning of the parade route. This is where the TV cameras are located, and where all the bands are playing and the float animations are all on. Be aware that there are bleachers scattered all along the 5 mile route, and I see no particular value in most of them, unless you MUST sit down and need to be above (and back from) the crowds on the sidewalk.

If you'd rather do like a local, save some money, and watch from the sidewalk, it isn't hard.

Is your hotel the Best Western on Highland? If so, you can walk down to the Red Line station at Hollywood and Highland. Take the Red Line to Union Station. Transfer to the Gold Line. Take that to Lake Avenue or Allen Avenue. Walk a couple of blocks to the parade route (Colorado Blvd), find a good spot on the sidewalk. The trick is to get there by @ 7 or 7:30 am; and to watch from an area mid-point on the parade route, such as near Lake Avenue. The area to the west, where the parade originates, has narrow sidewalks and is packed with revelers who camped out on the sidewalk. The area around Lake is still busy, but if you arrive by @ 7:30, you should be able to find a spot just behind the folks who camped out all night. They will be sitting in lawn chairs, so you'll have a good view.

BTW, there is plenty of time to get to the game after the parade.