We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel in Old Town?

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener
Level Contributor
970 posts
133 reviews
Which hotel in Old Town?

We will be spending 2 or 3 nights in Pasadena this July and are looking to stay in Old Town for ease of access to dining, shopping, etc. The Hilton, Sheraton, and Westin have comparable rates. While I realize the Westin is a better class of hotel and it is slightly more than the other two -- which would you choose? Should let you know that we are two adults, will have a car and don't mind a bit of excitement.

Thanks so much

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
40,084 posts
390 reviews
1. Re: Which hotel in Old Town?

The Courtyard by Marriott would be my first pick followed by the Hilton.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
26,491 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Which hotel in Old Town?

I really like the Courtyard brand and the one in Pasadena is in a great location, adjacent to the shops and restaurants of Old Town, within walking distance of the Memorial Park station of the gold line metro rail into downtown L.A. (22 minutes -- not affected by 'rush hour' traffic) and with decent access to the freeways.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Which hotel in Old Town?

None of those three are "in" Old Pasadena, though they aren't more than a mile or so. The Hilton and the Sheraton are older (60-70s) hotels. The Westin is a lovely newer building. The best located of those three, in my opinion, is the Westin, followed by the Sheraton, followed by the Hilton.

I haven't see the rooms in any of them.

The 2 best located hotels for Old Pasadena are:

Courtyard, mentioned above, which is in the heart of Old Pasadena.

Pasadena Inn, an independently-owned, less expensive motel, located a few blocks from Old Pasadena.

www.oldpasadenainn.com

The others are a bit of a hike, or a very quick (under 5 minute) drive. Old Pasadena has ample inexpensive parking.

I have never been inside any of these hotels, btw, other than the lobby of the Westin. Westin has a lovely plaza, full of fountains, with a view of the gorgeous old City Hall. We love that plaza and used to eat on the patio of the California Pizza Kitchen there all the time when our kids were small, just to see the view and the fountains, and to let the kids run around the plaza and jump over the fountains. Happy memories.

Frankly, if the rates are comparable, I'd choose the Westin or the Courtyard over the Sheraton or Hilton.

Edited: 4:09 pm, June 30, 2013
4. Re: Which hotel in Old Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 02, 2014