We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 6
Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

I will be attending the Jay Z concert on Sunday July 28 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, I was wondering if there are any shuttles that will take take me from west Hollywood or central LA to the Rose Bowl that night. If not, what is the best alternative way to get there?

Thanks

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
1. Re: Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

No direct shuttle that I'm aware of. Your best bet would be to get to Union Station in downtown LA. Once at Union Station, take the Gold Line light rail train towards Pasadena / Sierra Madre Villa, exit at the Memorial Park station. Check a map but from there you'd have to walk a bit to the parking lot of the Parsons Corporation and from there there will be shuttle buses to the stadium.

To get to Union Station from West Hollywood, depends on where you start but best bet would be to walk to the intersection of Santa Monica Blvd. and any major street, and from there take Metro bus 704 to the east. If you're starting closer to Sunset Blvd., you can take bus 2 or 302 on Sunset Blvd. east to Sunset Blvd. and Vermont Ave. - at that intersection there's a subway station and you can take the subway from there to Union Station.

You could always take a taxi as well but figure about $60 each way - it might be better to have them drop you off at Parsons Corp. parking lot in Pasadena and take shuttle from there - its sure to be quite crowded closer to the stadium which can drive up the taxi fare if you have them take you all the way there.

Edited: 1:15 pm, June 04, 2013
Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
reviews: 22
2. Re: Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

Renting a car for the day might be one option to consider. Rose Bowl is in a secluded residential area and I am not aware of any public transit nearby. Closest bus line will probably be Colorado Blvd, and if you decide to take buses, check the bus schedules carefully to see when the buses stop running, or if they are running, what the frequency is late at night. Also check to see if there will be shuttles at Parsons-- there are shuttles for the Jan. 1 Rose Bowl game, but I don't know if they exist for other events.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 58
3. Re: Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

I checked the Rose Bowl calendar for this concert and the event information there indicates that there will be shuttles from Parsons.

Toronto
reviews: 6
4. Re: Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

Thank you so much MachThree for your help. Really appreciate it.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
reviews: 22
5. Re: Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

That's ideal then. Parsons is just a couple of blocks from Memorial Park station-- and the Gold Line runs later and more frequently than most bus lines.

Do check what time the metro and bus lines stop running on Sunday night.

www.metro.net

Edited: 5:57 pm, June 04, 2013
6. Re: Shuttle from west hollywood to the Rose Bowl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 06, 2014