We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
travlife
reviews: 109
restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

looking for a restaurant in Pasadena that has a private room to seat up to 40

pasadena, ca
reviews: 22
1. Re: restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

Few questions:

How much can you spend? Casual, formal, festive? Lunch or dinner? Preferred cuisines? Does it have to be right in Pasadena?

A few possiblilities right off the top of my head:

Beckham Grill-- old fashioned "English" style, roast beef etc.

Neapolis--new place on Lake Avenue, Italian. Big, but not sure if they have a private space for 40.

Mijares-- old style Mexican, not one of my personal favorites but they do have the room.

Malbec has a separate back room that they might reserve for a crowd.

Very near Pasadena, in Arcadia, San Gabriel etc, are a ton of Chinese restaurants with rooms that would work. These restaurants will mostly cater to an ethnically Chinese clientele and will not have "Chinese-American" cuisine. Mission 261 in San Gabriel has a variety of very nice private rooms of all sizes-- we went to a nice banquet there.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
2. Re: restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

My first thought was one of the hotels like the Langham or the Westin.

The other consideration with 40 people isn't just the restaurant, but the availability of parking, which can be tight in Pasadena.

You might check with McCormick & Schmick's next to the Westin or Noor at the Paseo Colorado.

pasadena, ca
3. Re: restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

Beckham Grill, Neapolis, Mijares, Mission 261 all have their own large lots, valet lots, or huge adjacent public lot.

BTW, all the above have websites with info on group dining, if interested. And all have large private rooms. McCormick and Schmick would work too-- I'm not much of a fan of that place either, but it is attractive and well located. And I'm having trouble thinking of places I love with a separate room for 40.

travlife
4. Re: restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I'll check your recommendations. Probably prefer casual,moderate price range ,set menu. 30-40 people. Nearby areas would be ok.

travlife
5. Re: restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

Thanks so much for your quick reply

Edited: 7:03 am, January 15, 2013
pasadena, ca
6. Re: restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

If you can be a little more specific about the time of day, your budget per head, the type of occasion and the general type of guest (age, "foodies" vs unadventurous, etc), we might be able to hone in a little closer.

For instance:

Beckham Grill has very traditional and old fashioned, but pretty well-prepared and tasty food. Their room is bright and pleasant-- the one we were in once was upstairs, and I don't recall seeing an elevator. Reasonable price, doesn't appear to have jacked-up prices for banquet size crowd.

Mission 261 has a variety of rooms, which are more colorful and warm in decor than most Chinese restaurants in the area, which tend toward brightly-lit white rooms. They would probably work with you on the menu if you need substitutions on the set menus. I've eaten dim sum there many times but dinner only once, years ago, for a banquet.

Neapolis is new, festive looking and trendy (for this un-trendy area). Ate there once, liked our meal. Their largest space just appears to be the enclosed patio at the entrance to the restaurant. As some people will enter in the front, it wouldn't seem that private even if you have the whole space reserved for your party.

Mijares has just okay Mexican food. Lots of locals like it; I don't, personally. Banquet prices seem high for what they are serving.

7. Re: restaurant with a room to seat 40 Pasadena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 17, 2014