We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX to Pasadena

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 32
LAX to Pasadena

Hi

I hope someone can help with my question.

What is the best way to get from LAX to East Colorado Boulevard ?

I've checked two sites for taxi fares and gotten results from $45 to $110. The shuttle would cost about $40 for two of us each way but would likely take alot longer.

Thankyou

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 14
1. Re: LAX to Pasadena

Those are the two best ways. The shuttle shouldn't take all too much longer.

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 72
2. Re: LAX to Pasadena

For the record, depending on specifically where you are on East Colorado, you may be near a Gold Line light rail station. In that case you could take the Flyaway express bus from LAX to Union Station, then the Gold Line.

ireland
reviews: 32
3. Re: LAX to Pasadena

Thankyou for your replys

Do you have any idea of taxi fares the sites I checked were very different. We are staying at the Rodeway Inn.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
reviews: 27
4. Re: LAX to Pasadena

Gold Line station is over a mile from your hotel. You won't want to walk it. Sorry, can't help with the cab fares. Taxi, shuttle, or Flyaway to Union Station, and then cab from Union Station to Pasadena.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 107
5. Re: LAX to Pasadena

Renting a car would probably be easiest and cheapest...

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
reviews: 27
6. Re: LAX to Pasadena

Or, you could take the Flyaway Bus to Union Station (making sure you get on the one marked "Union Station" as there are other destinations as well). Then, from Union Station (possibly elsewhere in the station, not sure), take the 487 bus to Colorado/San Gabriel Blvd, about 3 blocks from your hotel. It may take a while, as the 487 only runs every 30-40 minutes.

See instructions below:

http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php

I haven't done this myself, but I looked it up on the Metro trip planner, on the web. You can do this too, for various trips by bus and light rail in the LA area.

Pasadena, California
7. Re: LAX to Pasadena

I have to agree with the folks who suggested the Fly away bus to Union Station and then a quick trip on the Gold Line to downtown Pasadena (I usually get off at the Del Mar Station). This plan gets you from LAX to downtown Pasadena for $8.50. I use it everytime I travel in / out of LAX. It's safe, affordable and reliable. Once in Pasadena, you can contact your hotel (they may have a shuttle, many do) to pick you up or it would be a very inexpensive cab ride.

Hope that helps!

Christine Carchia

Dir of Sales and Client Services

Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau

8. Re: LAX to Pasadena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, June 27, 2013