We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pasadena to Santa Monica Beach/Promenade

Which Pasadena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
united kingdom
reviews: 17
Pasadena to Santa Monica Beach/Promenade

Hi

Can anyone please advise me how I can get from Pasadena to Santa Monica (preferably the beach area). I'm meeting an old school friend who I havent seen for over 20 years!

I will be going this coming sunday, hoping to get to Santa Monica for around noon.

I know there is a train/metro station in Pasadena that goes to Hollywood but wondered if it went allthe way to Santa Monica, or would I have to get a bus or taxi? We would be returning to Pasadena around 6 pm ish.

Thanks for any help.

Redlands, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Pasadena to Santa Monica Beach/Promenade

Well, the beauty of the rail (Metro) system is that it doesn't go most of the places people want to go--like the beach! You will definitely have to combine rail and bus. Look at www.metro.net for information--you might be best off changing at Union Station and riding as far as you can out to Wilshire and Western, then getting a bus down Wilshire to Santa Monica. Hopefully someone else will pick up the topic as its been a long time since I rode the buses regularly.

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 72
2. Re: Pasadena to Santa Monica Beach/Promenade

I don't know if this is still current. The best way to go from Pasadena to Santa Monica by transit would be taking the Gold Line light rail from Pasadena to Union Station, Downtown Los Angeles. There you would transfer to Santa Monica Municipal Bus Lines express bus 10 to Santa Monica via the freeway (that bus runs 7 days a week). It wouldn't be a hard trip, but it would be a long one, depending on waiting times and transfers you'd be looking at something upward of 90 minutes to 2 hours.

3. Re: Pasadena to Santa Monica Beach/Promenade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 05, 2009