We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for nice, clean hotel for 4 days, post-op

Which Palo Alto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Looking for nice, clean hotel for 4 days, post-op

I am looking for a pretty nice and clean hotel to stay in for about 4 days after I have a surgery at Stanford hospital. I am concerned about it being in a decent neighborhood and a good hotel (I am coming from out of town obviously, and have no idea about the area). Can anyone suggest an area or even hotels that would be best to look at? I was considering Palo Alto as well as Mountain View. My price range is $100-$130. Also, I'm curious, has anyone ever tried Pricline to get a nice 3-4 star hotel for about that price (just wondering if that would work)...

Paso Robles...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Looking for nice, clean hotel for 4 days, post-op

Look at the Stanford Hospital website under Patient Services and you will find information on lodging. Many hotels and inns offer special rates if you mention Stanford. We have stayed at the Stanford Guest House and the Zen Hotel. Both are very basic but clean and comfortable. When we bid on Priceline for a 3.5 star, expecting to get the Westin or Sheraton, we got Dinah's Garden Inn and were sorry. It is definitely not worthy of a 3.5 star rating and is dark and dated.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
2. Re: Looking for nice, clean hotel for 4 days, post-op

There are a few Marriott Properties -- courtyard and residence inn, in Palo Alto. There is a crowne plaza cabana hotel that is nice as well.

You should have no issues in staying in Palo Alto. It is one of the most decent places to live in the Bay Area if not in the country. Rates do go up and down at some of these places but I did see the courtyard for as low as 130 but it went up to 250. The usual batch of motels are also there and you can read reviews about them. Please look at Mountain view or Menlo Park as well. These are also great Neighborhoods.

Good Luck

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 579
3. Re: Looking for nice, clean hotel for 4 days, post-op

Here is the link to what topromer mentioned

Be sure to mention the rates.

stanfordhospital.org/forPatients/lodgingFood…

Both Palo Alto and Mountain View are nice areas. Both have a nice downtown area with lots of restaurants and shops (dependent of course if you are just resting up in bed or can get out and see things.). Both areas are safe areas - Palo Alto has more "rich" folks than Mountain View - but both areas are nice areas that families live in; enjoy; and feel relatively safe at.

The types of crimes you read about most is "lap tops" stolen from cars.

The one area you do NOT want to stay at is East Palo Alto. The hotels are not there; but that is one area which is not as safe as the other communities in the area.

Best with your surgery and hope you have a good recovery,

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
4. Re: Looking for nice, clean hotel for 4 days, post-op

Err Mimi, I would beg to differ about one place in EPA. The Four Season address is in EPA and it is a great place to live but very expensive ;-)

5. Re: Looking for nice, clean hotel for 4 days, post-op

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 05, 2012