We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 7
Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

Hi there,

I am trying to organise accommodation for us (2 adults, 1 toddler) for 2/3 nights in mid May. I would like a room with a separate bedroom as we have a little one who still has a long nap in the afternoon, and goes to bed early. I would really like to stay downtown, and within walking distance to some restaurants/shops (we will have a car for exploring as well).

I am wondering if anyone has stayed in one of the Cabana Suites at the Hyatt PS, as they look like they might be OK. I am concerned that people have mentioned the major renovation next door, so I would appreciate any feedback on the actual room and whether the construction noise is very audible from those rooms.

I am also looking at the small hotels, as I would prefer staying somewhere small and with interesting architecture, if I can find anywhere with a 1BR room available in the downtown area. I like the Chase but unfortunately they do not have a 1BR room available. I am also looking at VRBO for other options.

Thanks,

Cassie

15 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
1. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

Hi,

We have stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Palm Springs. ALL the rooms are suites with a separate bedroom so even their "basic room" has a separate bedroom.

In my experience the small historic hotels are not built with family suites in mind so the Hyatt or a vacation rental might be best for your needs.

Cirencester, United...
2. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

I have stayed many times, changed hands a few times recently, still good though. Shame the new management does not do the complementary happy hour buffet. And to your point, great space for two rooms. Check out carefully prices, sometimes cheaper direct and other times the web.

palm springs
reviews: 13
3. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

as far as the noise is concerned, most of the old mall that they are rebuilding has been taken down, and they are not actually starting the rebuild for several months....so I think your May timeline may be just right.

Cirencester, United...
4. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

Hi tom, I remember when the mall was open, got to be 15 years ago? Good to see PS gearing up, Marilyn is great but! Back this summer for a few days at the end of my hols, not sure of Hyatt or hard rock, stayed before it was HR.

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

Hi everyone

Thanks for the feedback. I am still considering the Cabana Suites, but am also checking out "A Place in the Sun" as they seem to have a number of 1BR bungalows.

Cassie

palm springs
6. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

Very different properties. A place in the sun is a small, low-key inn located in a more residential area, where the Hyatt is a large commercial hotel located right on the main strip in Palm Springs.

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

I agree...completely different!

I had actually been wishing to stay in one of the small retro type hotels/inns but it turns out most of them are adults only, which is why I had been looking at the cabana suites as an alternative. The reviews of A Place in the Sun are good, and many posters have mentioned that you can walk to downtown, however I'm not quite sure if this means a 15 minute stroll or a half hour walk.

Cassie

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
8. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

We've stayed at the Hyatt Suites in downtown Palm Springs over the years. We like the mountain view rooms, facing the back, rather than the street view, for a quiet room. Perfect with a family, as you son could nap in the bedroom and you'd have a TV in the living room section.

I'd lock in your reservation soon. You can always hold by credit card, in case you find something you like better.

palm springs
9. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

I think its a little far to walk from A place in the Sun to downtown...its about 25 minutes.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 60
10. Re: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite

I agree that certainly with a little one , it is too far to walk back and forth to downtown.

Edited: 11:16 am, March 05, 2014
Reply to: Hyatt Suites Cabana Suite
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted