We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Hotel Suggestions

Hi,

I was wondering if you all would be able to help me.

Would you be able to advise me on which is the best hotel to pick. We are going to be in Palm Springs in November for some R&R and to get away from the Scottish weather, but I am not sure which hotel I should pick. We are looking for somewhere we can relax and has a pool for our 2 year old son, and if it has a waterslide then even better, but also would like to do some shopping and sightseeing. We will not be hiring a car, so will be using public transport to get around.

The hotels that I have looked at so far are The Westion Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa, Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, La Quinta Resort & Club, Best Western Plus Las Brisas, or Palm Mountain Resort & Spa. I know these hotels are spread around, and I have also read but not too sureif it is correct that the Public Transport is not that great.

Can you advise what is the best option is or should there been another hotel that I should be looking into.

Thank you for your advise.

Palm Springs...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions

You are missing out on so much with out a car.....

Trust me it is a very easy area to get around by car, IF you can rent !!!!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 9
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Without a car, I would try to stay near downtown Palm Springs, where you can walk to a variety of restaurants or shops. Or pick a resort close to Hwy 111, which a main bus line route.

If you want to get out and see some attractions, like the indian canyons, tram or Living Desert, it will be a hassle and/or pricy if you rely on a cab or bus. Your trip will be much nicer if you have a car.

comox valley,bc...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions

We stayed at Zoso last year,but this year staying at Best Western La Brisa.We chose these hotels BECAUSE we do not need a car,Great Bus service and lots of tours available.We will be down in Mid February,Cheers

Sonoma, California
reviews: 1
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert is very elegant and has several nice pools, and the rooms have kitchenettes overlooking the golf course. It might be that you will have to get transportation in this area, because everything is spread so far away from the airport. We've also stayed at the Hyatt in Indian Wells, with is superb also.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions

With a 2 year old, I'd stay in the Hyatt Indian Wells. We took our grandchild at that age and it's perfect with a wading pool, small water slide, sprinkler fountains to run through, there are 7 pools all together. There are a number of restaurants, lobby cafe, and grounds to walk around.

The rooms are large, a step down sitting room for TV, mini fridge, big balconies. Concierge level is great if you can upgrade.

The trouble is all big resorts are away from the downtown PS area, and you should have a car to get to some of the sites, like the Living Zoo, the Tram, etc.

We found Las Brisas dark and dreary, had to leave curtain closed because of outdoor walkway, people looking inside like a motel. No balcony to sit out on and enjoy morning coffee.

We love La Quinta Resort, and there are many pools, but not so much for a two year old, but plenty of beautiful grounds to run around on.

6. Re: Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2014