We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 19
Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

On my upcoming PS visit, some California family members will be making a 2-3 hour journey to come meet up with us, probably on Sunday night.

So here's my list of wants in a location:

Reservations - I don't want us to spend our rare time together sprawled out waiting for our table.

Ambient noise reasonable, not overly loud.

A place where it's okay to linger.

Comfortably priced.

We're staying again at our favorite, the Rendezvous. Rick's Dessert Grill is around the corner, and while I don't think they're outstanding, they're good in a pinch. I've never seen them crowded so I imagine it would be easy to get seated, and no problem to spend some time. I have this in mind as default setting, but would love some other suggestions. Maybe something tastier.

I'm aiming for around 7 for dinner as I'd hate to miss out on our happy hour at the Rendezvous.

NJ
1. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

Oh, and I should add, that while it might hit some of the basic marks on my check list, I have zero interest in visiting Billy Reed's again. I'd just checked off the groups option when looking at the restaurants here on TA and that was in the mix.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
2. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

Not sure what price range "comfortably priced" is but the better restaurants close by are Copley’s, Matchbox Palm Springs and TRIO Restaurant. Copley's is probably the most expensive.

For food ideas I usually go to Chowhound.com first and then cross check with Yelp.com. I don't think Yelp is great at identifying the best places, but it is good at weeding out the bad.

NJ
3. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

Chowhound, you say? That sounds like a new rabbit hole for me to disappear down. I do hit Yelp frequently. As you correctly state, it's good for weeding out.

TRIO does seem to bubble to the surface frequently when I'm looking at PS stuff or getting recommendations from locals. Haven't been there yet but recognize I need to investigate.

reviews: 707
4. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

Last week we had an excellent meal at Las Casuelas Terraza. Very fun ambiance and delicious food. :).

palm springs
reviews: 13
5. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

You can try El Mirasol North at Los Arboles (in the Los Arboles Hotel), located at 266 Via Altamira. They have a nice outdoor patio where it would be pleasant to linger.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
6. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

Six of us had a wonderful dinner at the Rivera Palm Springs Resort at Circa 59 restaurant. It was relaxing in the indoor/outdoor restaurant. The setting is tropical with lots of tiny lights, and live music in the background.

psriviera.com/palm-springs-restaurants.aspx

After dinner our family sat around one of the many fire pits around the pool area. Can purchase marshmallows/sticks to roast Smores, from the desk.

Fresno, California
reviews: 27
7. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

Acqua Piazza next to Babes in the River Shopping Center great food and service. Price is not bad either

8. Re: Restaurant suggestion for a leisurely gathering.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 29, 2014