We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 44
Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

I am looking at some possible places to stay at in Racquet Club Estates. One of the places is on a street that appears to be about 3 blocks from the flight path. I looked at the airport schedule..and planes are arriving and departing every 30 minutes ..all the way up to midnight. Exactly, how loud is it near the flight path? e.g. if you are in a house, can you hear the plane?

Boston...
reviews: 44
1. Re: Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

I was able to talk to 3 different home owners in Racquet Club Estates and each one confirmed that - yes, you can hear the planes and yes, you can even see the planes.

Ughh.. I really wanted to stay in that area and enjoy the mid century neighborhood.

One owner even shared that the commercial flights were not the noise issue - but the military jets that are increasingly zoom in and out of PSP airport.

I guess I will be looking elsewhere.

palm springs
reviews: 13
2. Re: Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

Try looking for something in west-middle or south palm springs to get the mid-century vibe with less plane noise.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 8
3. Re: Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

There are other neighborhoods with mid century houses.And yes the military jets are very loud. They were supposed to be cutting back on flights due to complaints.

Indio, California
reviews: 8
4. Re: Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

About 95% of the military jets have stopped coming to Palm Springs Airport. Commercial jets have a procedure to reduce jet noise when taking off.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
5. Re: Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

The military jets fly in and out once per day at around 4PM. Yes, they are loud, but I find them exciting. We often stop what we're doing for a moment to salute them. They are very impressive.

6. Re: Racquet Club - flight path - how loud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 28, 2013