We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice wanted on where to stay

Which Palm Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, England
Advice wanted on where to stay

I am bringing my family to Palm springs in March and am looking for a Condo rental. The main resorts seem to be Desert Princess, Desert Falls & Rancho Mirage. I would appreciate any advice on where to stay / where to avoid.

Thanks.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 2,446
1. Re: Advice wanted on where to stay

Lots of nice places to stay....we enjoyed staying at Marriotts Desert Springs Villas - you can go to the Marriott hotel as on same (large property) - has several nice restaurants; also has a boat that takes you to one of the restaraunts; has golf courses on site; nice swimming pool; activities; great places to barbecue (if you like); and convenient to get to things. There are other nice places too...but we really enjoyed our stay here for a week. It had all the great things one would want in a Palm Springs area vacation....and easy to drive to all the top sites such as the tram; Desert museums; Joshua Tree; etc.

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Advice wanted on where to stay

Just to clarify ( as I would want to know were I going to "London" yet staying 20 minutes away ) none of the resorts yuo names are actually in Palm Springs.

Desert Princess is in Cathedral City, a city just to the east of Palm Springs. It is a lovely resort in a not-so-great part of town

Rancho Mirage is a city 10 minutes east of Palm Springs. This is a very nice area.

Marriott Desert Springs is in Palm Desert , a city about 15 minutes east of Palm Springs. Also a nice area.