We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf and other activities in Palm Desert July 2013

Which Palm Desert hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangor
reviews: 38
Golf and other activities in Palm Desert July 2013

Hi

I'm from Northern Ireland and will be staying in a vacation house with my family (3 kids aged 8 - 12) in Palm Desert for 10 days during July. We are looking for activities to do and I will want to play golf so any recommendations of good course that arent expensive, I'd like to experience a desert golf course.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Philip

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 9
1. Re: Golf and other activities in Palm Desert July 2013

July will be really hot, so play golf early in the morning.Try to tee off around sunrise.

For cooler temps, try the tram that goes to the top of the mountain.

www.pstramway.com

Other attractions will be on summer schedule with limited hours like the Indian Canyons

www.indian-canyons.com

Living Desert

www.livingdesert.org

For the kids Soak City waterpark will be open.

The beaches of San Diego, Orange County or LA are about 2-2.5 hours away to escape the heat, and Lake Arrowhead , Big Bear and Idyllwild in the mountains are not too far.

If your vacation home has a pool, swimming at night is perfect. Nice and balmy.

Joshua Tree National Park is close by. You need to go early.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
reviews: 9
2. Re: Golf and other activities in Palm Desert July 2013

Just read the Utah forums and it looks like you are headed there too.Moab?

If you want to golf there are some nice courses in Vegas, Mesquite, Hurricane. Its a tad cooler than Palm Springs (by tad I mean a few degrees, still hot)but beautiful red rocks as you get near Utah.

If you want to bike with kids like your other Moab question, try riding Zion Canyon. Paved, flat, no cars in summer...

Edited: 1:54 am, April 15, 2013
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 2,499
3. Re: Golf and other activities in Palm Desert July 2013

Another inexpensive golf course (if you have a car) is the Indio Golf Course

http://www.indio.org/index.aspx?page=171

its not "the" best but it is lighted at night which makes it great to play during the summer.

4. Re: Golf and other activities in Palm Desert July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 17, 2014