We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

Which Palm Desert hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trabuco Canyon, CA
reviews: 26
Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

Hello,

We are looking at both properties for our July vacation. We stayed at Shadow Ridge a few years ago and had an enjoyable time but did not love that there was one large pool for everyone . We have never stayed at Desert Spring Villas but like that there are many small pools and a kids activity center. Other than that, can you please share with me why you prefer one location over the other? We will be in a 2BR with our family of 6 (kids 14,11,5,3).

Thank you!

Chicago
reviews: 12
1. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

Hi Athomemom. We have stayed at both Shadow Ridge and Desert Spring Villas II and I do prefer Desert Springs. Shadow Ridge was awesome, but it was bit more crowded than Desert Springs. In my opinion, Desert Springs (both I and II) has a more calmer, laid back, serene demeanor than Shadow Ridge. It didn't seem as crowded as Shadow Ridge. The units are bigger as well. You won't go wrong at either of these resorts though!! We will be visiting Desert Springs II in June and I am looking forward to it. Have a great vacation.

Excelsior, Minnesota
reviews: 4
2. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

We have stayed in both. There is a wonderful pool for everyone, if the kids are not too loud. I have never seen anyone complain, though. There is also a wonderful pool, with a water slide, where most kids really enjoy being. At the far end of the resort, there is a salt water pool, and sand area, also. They have a great bar/restaurant at the pool areas. We really prefer this resort. They also have an activity center, a shuttle bus to area attractions, etc.

San Diego
reviews: 130
3. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

I know that this post is 6 months old, but which TS are you referring to? I couldn't figure that out...

Fresno, California
reviews: 29
4. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

I think it says Marriott Shadow Ridge or Villas I

vancouver
reviews: 3
5. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

Hi there,

I know you have already travelled to Palm Desert, but which hotel did you end up staying at? We are going in March and I have 2 teens. I'm not sure which hotel would be better for the kids??

Any tips?

Thanks,

G

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
reviews: 88
6. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

We have only stayed in The Villas. They are very nice, big. Like the step down into the living room. There are 3pools . Never used them. Like the area. Been there only in October. Will be there for 3days this July. Lots to do in the area, usually it is hot, it is the desert.

pools do look like fun.

Have a good time, read the reviews.

7. Re: Marriott Shadow Ridge or Deseret Spring Villas 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014