We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Desert Golf Options

Which Palm Desert hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philly
reviews: 1
Palm Desert Golf Options

My family goes to the area every year for a golf vacation. We have some favorite courses that we love to play, but we also like to try out a couple new tracks as well.

I have room to add one more afternoon round in to the schedule and was looking for suggestions. Since we will be playing around 2PM or so, I was thinking Desert Willow as they are only $50 after 1PM. I have heard both courses are great, but should I try to play one course over the other?

Any other recommendations are welcome too, but I should say I have played many of the resort/public courses in the area....thanks!

Regina, Canada
reviews: 79
1. Re: Palm Desert Golf Options

I prefer Firecliff as it is more scenic. The mountain course is easier.

california
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Palm Desert
reviews: 156
2. Re: Palm Desert Golf Options

Some of my favorites are Escena, La Quinta Mountain and PGA Norman course.

I'm assuming you've also checked Standy Golf for rates as well as the course.

Philly
reviews: 1
3. Re: Palm Desert Golf Options

Thanks for the feedback.

We love the Mountain Course at La Quinta, definitely our favorite in the area. We were planning on trying out the Norman course at PGA West as well. I'll definitely look in to Escena though. For some reason, I thought I had heard that it closed down.

Thank you both for the tips!

4. Re: Palm Desert Golf Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, June 03, 2012