We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lakeside, Montana
reviews: 1
Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

We are planning a May or Sept 06 wedding...thinking about Lover's Point Park...can anyone tell us more about their experience there?

Thanks,

T and M

Pacific Grove...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

It pretty. Better than Asilomar which always seems to be foggy when I see weddings there. It is funny to see people in heels and strapless gowns you just know are freezing.

Be sure it is not around the bathrooms or porto potties.

Lakeside, Montana
2. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

Thanks Roadwork...that's a good start on info.!

UK
3. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

We're looking at something similar, but in October. What did you do, and how did it go?

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 25
4. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

I have no personal experience, but it's a lovely spot. Here is a website with a 360-degree view of the "wedding spot" and a list of B&Bs nearby in case you want to book something there.

montereyvirtualtours.com/pacific_grove/lover…

point_wedding_spot.html

I hope that some people who've been married there will respond. Of course there are cars going by and people walking on the recreation trail, but people seem to be very respectful of the wedding party--you just have to be willing to be gawked at (in a nice way, of course).

reviews: 740
5. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

We were at Lover's Point Park this Sat. and saw two weddings going on there. It's a gorgeous area for a wedding. We saw one by the beach access in the main park and one further down on the grassy area.

We rode our bikes from here to Fisherman's Wharf on the trail, it was crowded but a great ride. The small beach there is wonderful, there were kids swimming and people laying out, soaking in the gorgeous sunshine.

I think Sept or Oct. would be a great month for a wedding here. We also saw two weddings at the Monterey Plaza Hotel while we were there for the Antique Doll Auction and dinner later on at the Duck Club. :)

Central Ca
6. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

How did your wedding go? I would really like to get married at Lovers Point in the spring 2009. I have no idea where to begin... I have looked into lattitudes resturant, is that the only option? What about seating and music for the event? If anyone has any ideas please help Thanks!!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 25
7. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

Hi. I just looked at Lattitudes' website--didn't realize they do wedding receptions. The food there is nothing to write home about, but the location would be very convenient--everyone could walk to the reception after the ceremony. The restaurant has excellent ocean views, but I'm not sure where the reception would actually be held and if that room would have the same views. I'd inquire about that.

Another place at Lover's Point that does weddings is Martine Inn: http://www.martineinn.com/wedding.html. I honestly can't comment on the quality of their service, etc., but you could contact them for more information.

If you're having a small wedding--say, fewer than 50 people, there are some very nice restaurants that could accommodate you, but whether or not you could have music, I'm not sure. One place that is very nice--it's not by the water, but they have a lovely small chapel for ceremonies--is Tarpy's Roadhouse in Monterey: http://www.tarpys.com/weddings.html. Their food is superior to Lattitudes' and the setting there is really lovely.

Another interesting option is Holly Farm in Carmel Valley http://www.hollyfarm.com/(again, not near the water, but if the fog rolls in on the coast, you're more likely to have sun in the Valley). I've been to several weddings there, and it's a great place. The ceremony is held in a garden--not a manicured garden, but a more wild kind of garden with persimmon trees. The altar is at the top of a path. There is a large grassy area where tables can be set up, plus an area for a caterer to come in and grill and/or set up food. There is a place for a band and small dance floor. It's a nice mixture of casual and elegant. I love the place.

Have fun planning!

Central Ca
8. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

I had looked at lattitudes on line but have never had ther food. I'll have to check out the other places you mentioned, although my heart is really set on a beach background for the wedding. Thanks so much for your help!

9. Re: Small casual wedding at Lover's Point Park in May or Sept 06

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, September 10, 2009