We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tinnery Restaurant

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palo Alto, CA
reviews: 6
Tinnery Restaurant

Be advised that the Tinnery is now closed and has reopened under another name - haven't been to the new place

reviews: 767
1. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

Just an update, it is now called Latitudes and owned by Tene Shake who also has a Mexican restaurant on the wharf and a seafood place called Isabella's. We dined at Isabella's on Sat. and it was pretty good, excellent views from every table of the marina and ocean. www.coastalcuisine.com is the website for more info. Enjoy! :)

2. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:02 am, September 26, 2006
LA Calif
3. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

Googled

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 24
4. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

I believe that Latitudes' food is average and overpriced. The views are beautiful, but you can get much better and better-priced food elsewhere.

reviews: 767
5. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

Hi PG, we did not care for it when it was the Tinnery, I was hoping it was better now. The White House is at the top of our list for our next meal in PG. We almost went to Taste, but I just wanted a meal with the views of the ocean this trip! :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
6. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

Syrah, I'm glad you enjoy PG so much. Living here, I sometimes lose sight of its charms, so it's great to be reminded.

Los Gatos...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

Thanks Syra and PG for the info.

I loved the Tinnery years ago, until they tried to be family friendly and reduced the portion size to reduce the prices. Even stayed next door at the one story hotel, because of it's location to the Tinnery.

I've popped onto Monterey, Pacific Grove, and Camel's forums to find new places to eat.

I've been stuck in a rut. Mostly eating at Albonettis(sp) on the wharf,

Sapporo where the old Tony Romas was, and maybe Phil's in Moss Landing.

Thanks for the Whaling Station PG, I'll have to take the wife there soon.

I've been in Prunedale for the last 15 years. You'd think I'd get out more! =)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
8. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

lol, Lowrance! I'm a creature of habit when it comes to restaurants, too, although I make an effort to try the new ones. A few other suggestions for you to try: Tarpy's Roadhouse (Mty), Red House Cafe (PG), Taste Cafe and Bistro (PG), Cafe Rustica (Carmel Valley Village), Little Napoli (Carmel), Grasings (Carmel). Enjoy!

Los Gatos...
reviews: 5
9. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

Thanks for the list! =)

Kaneohe, HI
10. Re: Tinnery Restaurant

Hi markhllr,

I hope you can provide some ideas for my wife and me regarding relocation to the Salinas area. We are thinking that we might live anywhere from Morgan Hill to Monterey. We are willing to pay up to about $2000/mo. to rent a 3br/2ba house somewhere. I have been researching various communities, which is quite difficult from our current location on Oahu. What can you tell me about the merits (the arts, cuisine, safety, affordability) of some of the cities you are familiar with in the area, such as Prunedale, Watsonville, Marina, Gilroy, etc. Any personal general impressions would be great, especially regarding the less known, smallish towns.

Thanks,

CBT