We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is April a good time to visit Pacific Grove? Need help!

Which Pacific Grove hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
reviews: 1
Is April a good time to visit Pacific Grove? Need help!

I am trying to plan a trip to Pacific Grove. After much researching the town sounds wonderful! I am considering Gosby House or Bideawee. Gosby seems like a good location. I have no idea what it is like there. I would appreciate any feedback. I was looking at the first week of April. What is the weather like then? Is it warm enough to get out and do some hiking?

Grover Beach, Ca
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
reviews: 8
1. Re: Is April a good time to visit Pacific Grove? Need help!

As far as I'm concerned, ANY time is a good time to visit Pacific Grove... this is my favorite town on the California coast. The only negative you might encounter is the influx of folks on spring break.

The weather could be warm, could be cold, could be in between. Because the character of the coast changes constantly, there's no way of knowing for certain. Most of our rain will have passed by then, but there could be a few showers lingering.

I would choose Gosby over Bide-A-Wee. It's close to shops, restaurants and a short walk down to the rec trail along the bay. I have stayed at Gosby many times over the years and find it quite comfortable. Try to get a deluxe queen room w/fireplace for those cooler evenings when you return from dinner.

Hiking should be no problem during April... unless there's been recent rain...you could encounter mud. Recommend having an extra pair of shoes just in case. Be sure to visit Point Lobos for exceptional hiking and ocean scenery. Big Sur also has awesome hiking and is just a short 1 hour drive south down Hwy 1.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey Peninsula
reviews: 24
2. Re: Is April a good time to visit Pacific Grove? Need help!

Hi. I agree with Kibblesmom's assessments--she's a real PG lover! Gosby's location is great for walking around town, to dinner, and to the recreation trail that goes along the coastline. Be sure to eat at the Red House Cafe (fantastic!). Early April should be good--it's very rare to still get rain, although I've seen it happen once or twice. A little later in April might be a little better. The weather here is never all that warm, but if you bring layers, you'll be fine. It's pretty unpredictable--you might have 60 degrees or you might have 70 degrees, or somewhere in between, and the nights will be cool.

3. Re: Is April a good time to visit Pacific Grove? Need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 16, 2009