We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrival time at Ontario Airport

Which Ontario hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
reviews: 140
arrival time at Ontario Airport

How much before my flight should I arrive at the airport? I know the Ontario Airport is smaller than LAX, but I've never been there before. Is one hour ahead long enough?

Los Angeles...
reviews: 69
1. Re: arrival time at Ontario Airport

One hour should be fine. The airport is relatively new and very efficient. A lot easier than LAX.

Oregon
2. Re: arrival time at Ontario Airport

Thanks so much!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 776
3. Re: arrival time at Ontario Airport

Ontario Airport has been there for at *least* half a century!

Travelmagic, I fly in and out of Ontario several times a year and it's not very busy but I allow about 90 minutes.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 280
4. Re: arrival time at Ontario Airport

My thanks also for the info. We're traveling through ONT in January -- my "baby" sister has asked me to walk her down the aisle for her wedding. Flying back to PDX on a Tuesday morning, geting back to Oregon in time to put in 2 or 3 hours at work in the afternoon.

Edited: 1:08 pm, October 20, 2012
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
5. Re: arrival time at Ontario Airport

We last flew out in August. I've used it many times. Airport is small, but also has fewer check-in personnel and in each of the two terminals only one main area to first line up to go through security (one regular line and one priority). Once you get to the conveyor belts/scanners, there were maybe 3 places.

ONT is much easier to get to, in terms of traffic, than LAX, but once you're inside, it CAN in fact take as long (can be quick, can be slow). I'd also suggest 90 mins. to be on the safe side, especially in the morning, when there tend to be more flights (e.g., I believe American has only morning flights),. If you're delayed, I wouldn't sweat it. Not many eateries, and no airline clubs, but not a horrible place to have to wait for flights. The gate area is seldom very crowded. On most recent visits, noticed some shops/restaurants closed. But you'll find something if need be.

Edited: 1:23 pm, October 20, 2012
Oregon
6. Re: arrival time at Ontario Airport

Thanks so much for everyone's input. It is very helpful. As usual, TA is amazing!

7. Re: arrival time at Ontario Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 29, 2013