We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental - Early morning drop off?

Which Ontario hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon...
Car Rental - Early morning drop off?

I booked a departing flight from Ontario at 6am. I wasn't really thinking of the logistics while I was booking. I will be renting a car at the airport. Does anyone know if I can just drop off a car? I did see the car rentals open at 5a. I am worried that I will not have enough time to drop of the rental car, check in, and catch my departure. Any guidance?

Saskatchewan
reviews: 28
1. Re: Car Rental - Early morning drop off?

You should check with the car rental company you plan to use. Most larger agencies do allow you to drop a car after hours, especially at airport and larger locations. I've done this more than once and the procedure involves filling out the info--mileage, how much gas is in the tank, etc.-- on the card they supply and dropping the keys into a secure box. It's pretty straight forward. I have noticed that sometimes an agency's web reservations system will not allow a reservation to end when the location is closed (e.g., 4 a.m. when the location only opens at 5 a.m.). In cases like that it is worth calling the location to double check on procedures, usually involving plugging the opening time into the reservation so it will book and using the aforementioned drop boxes. When in doubt, I always like to speak to someone on the ground at a location to see how they handle things.

2. Re: Car Rental - Early morning drop off?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 16, 2013